Chapter 11

"Aw, man! I'm so hyped to see them!" The blonde exclaimed with the utmost excitement.

"Naruto," Hinata's features were scrunched up and her eyebrows knitted together causing her glabella to form wrinkles. The young woman crossed her arms beneath her full chest, her foot pivoted off to the side.

Naruto cocked his head to the side in confusion. "What's wrong?"

Hinata huffed in frustration. "Naruto, You can't go on and just make sudden plans without my consent. You know we should discuss these kinds of things first before you go and actually do them." She reprimanded him as Naruto ran through different apologies in his head that kept her from becoming suspicious. Hinata's small smile went unnoticed by him as his face contorted into somewhat of a guilt-ridden puppy from him being deep in thought.

Naruto averted his gaze sideways as he scratched his temple, his head lowered in culpability. "I know Hina and I should know better than to plan stuff before telling you, I apologize. I got excited; though this shouldn't be used as an excuse... It was irresponsible for me to do."

He twiddled his thumbs anxiously. He resembled a small child in trouble being scolded by their mother. He slowly lifted his head to meet her pearl-like, lavender eyes. She let a small giggle escape her lips, her behavior befuddling her boyfriend.

Hinata ambled over to Naruto, who was currently sitting cross-legged on the couch. She took her hands and cupped both his cheeks, squishing them until his lips resembled those of a fish.

"You get so worked up over the smallest things. You know I'm never going to get mad over a simple mistake, I was just trying to remind you that if we make plans we do it together. We're a team." She leaned in and placed a small kiss on his forehead for extra reinsurance.

Naruto suddenly brightened up, catching Hinata off-guard. "Alright! I'll try to keep it in mind!" He shouted as he suddenly dragged her down into an embrace. His back hit the soft cushions, whilst a slightly blushing Hinata laid on top of him.

Hinata snickered, "What was that all about?"

Naruto smiled and looked into Hinata's eyes. He fiddled with her hair, coiling it around his fingers. "Because you're just the most amazing woman in the world! I also wanted to see your reaction, too." His free hand cupped the back of his neck.

Hinata let out a small laugh, "You never seem to stop surprising me."

"What? You don't like my surprises?" Naruto asked with a mischievous grin.

Hinata lightly flicked his nose with her index finger and thumb, "What? No! I love your surprises! You know that!" She exclaimed.

"Well then, do you mind another surprise?"

Hinata lifted her upper body; now in a semi-plank position. "Another surprise?" Hinata did a dramatic gasp, "Did you finally learn how to put your folded clothing away?"

"What? No! And of course I know how to put my clothing away!" Naruto pouted.

Hinata gave Naruto the 'Uh, no you don't' look. "I do put my clothing away!" Naruto repeated, trying and failing to prove his point.

"Oh yes, I do believe you, honey," Hinata said in a sarcastic tone and giggled. She then decided to change the topic, not wanting a simple squabble to turn into him trying to further prove his claim. "What's the real surprise?"

"Oh right!" He gently wrapped his hands around her waist, lifting her up and off of him. Naruto sat up and took her hand. He stood and helped her up from her seat. "We're going out!"

Naruto yanked her hand towards the apartment door.

"Wait for just a second, Naruto! Let me get shoes and my purse..."

He scratched the back of his head and smiled, almost forgetting his own items. "Ha, of course." Naruto swiped the keys from the hook above a shelf. Below that hook, the shelf held a small blue velvet box. Naruto stuffed the box into his coat pocket and stood waiting patiently while Hinata quickly grabbed her things and quickly trotted over to her boyfriend.

As the two young adults rode in the car to the unknown destination, Naruto blasted him and Hinata's favorite song, Pretender. Both erupting into a fit of giggles as they happily sang along to the lyrics while Naruto cruised down the highway.

It was about a thirty-minute car drive when the couple finally arrived at their destination. Naruto quickly stepped out of the car and made his way over to the passenger side where Hinata sat. He opened the car door; stepping aside, he held out his hand and Hinata gladly took it.

Hinata looked around in awe and confusion. She was greeted by the sight of a sparkling city. A dusty royal blue was smeared with mixes of pink, orange, purple, and yellow streaks that painted the glowing sky. As the sun started to set behind the concrete landscape of skyscrapers, she couldn't help but stare at the scene with amazement. Her eyes glimmered as she stood awestruck, looking out at the magnificent view in front of her. It felt as if she was floating above the city even though she and her lover stood upon a rocky cliff overlooking the bustling city of Tokyo.

"It's gorgeous..." She breathed out quietly, still ensnared by the beauty of the city lights.

"Yeah, it is. But... You know what would be more gorgeous?" Naruto said as he stared memorized at Hinata.

Hinata giggled, "Are you coming up with a cheesy pickup line because if so-"

Cutting her off mid-sentence, Naruto spoke.

"Hinata..." He started as he suddenly turned to face her in a nervous motion. Hinata looked at him in confusion.

"What's wrong?" She brushed her fingers against his hand, confused and worried at the change of mood.

Naruto took a deep breath in and smiled at her. "Nothing's wrong Hinata, I just wanted you to know that you're the most amazing person I have ever met. Honestly, I don't think I could ever imagine myself being with anyone else but you. When I first met you seven years ago, I never would have imagined myself standing beside such a beautiful, caring, and strong woman. You've helped me through thick and thin and I'm extremely grateful to be with you. Even when there have been struggles with my ADHD, you still stuck by my side and try to understand me when nobody else does. I used to think that I'd never fall in love because of it, but... You seemed to change that for me. I felt I should've asked you much sooner but it's really now or never..." Naruto started to kneel down onto his knee as he continued on with his speech.

He pulled out the small blue box from his coat pocket, opening it to reveal a glistening ring. The silver band showcasing the turquoise centerpiece surrounded by tiny opals in the middle. His eyes shining brightly and a big smile plastering his face as he asked with the utmost sincerity in his voice. Hinata started to tear up as she held on to every word he spoke.

"Hinata Hyuga. Will you marry me?"