Chapter 4

As Sakura and the Uchiha brothers finished up their conversations with one another, a soft female voice could be heard across the room calling out to the three young adults, announcing dinner was ready.

Sakura stauntered to the dining room, followed by her two old friends. As soon as Sakura entered the room she noticed how neatly the table was set. Each of the plates placed in front of each seat and silverware, placed in their prospective places on napkins folded elegantly. Each dish of food was filled with mouth watering greens, grains, and meats. Mikoto was just as prim and proper with her meals as Sakura remembered, she admired her for that. She was truly an excellent mother and wife, and definitely a wonderful cook, there was no doubt about that.

"Wow Mikoto-san this looks amazing! You always outdo yourself!" Sakura beamed as her mouth watered at the smell of home cooked food.

Mikoto's cheeks glowed a shade of pink at Sakura's compliment. A small but noticeable smile tugged at the corners of the dark haired woman's lips. "Thank you. Please take a seat Sakura honey. It's been so long since I've seen you. So I wanted to make this dinner a bit special."

Sakura's face reddened at the comment. A flustered smile graced Sakura's face. "Oh gosh Mikoto you always do know how to spoil me every time I come here." Sakura giggled. She then whipped her head to the brothers standing behind her. "Be grateful you two have like the coolest mother in the world!" Sakura reprimanded with a playful look in her eyes, pointing her finger at them.

"Hn. Go sit down." Sasuke said with a stoic expression still always smeared on his handsome face.

"Yeah, yeah. You're such a party pooper, Sasuke-kun." Sakura pouted as she took her seat at the dining table.

Sasuke smirked at her little fit. He remembered how often she used to pout when he would tease her in their high school years. It always gave him a fluttering feeling in his chest, for some unknown reason he started to feel that fluttering feeling again. It made his stomach churn, he tried to ignore it, but it was a difficult task to take on whenever she would smile or giggle.

Everyone eventually took their rightful spots at the dinner table. Sakura always brought liveliness wherever she went. It was a blessing to have her grace her presence in the Uchiha household again. Most of the time, it was deathly quiet and there was little to no action taking place. None of the Uchiha family members would admit it, but they were very pleased having Sakura back and visiting. She brought the excitement back into this stoic and conserveitive family.

After their meal Mikoto started to clean up the area. Sakura offered to help, but Mikoto insisted she shouldn't bother, since she was the guest. Of course, Sakura didn't listen to Mikoto and opted into help clean up. Sakura would've felt extremely guilty for not helping out after Mikoto treated her to such a wonderful dinner, going through all the trouble to prepare for her family and guest. It wouldn't have been proper etiquette not to do so.

Mikoto, Fugaku, and Itachi decided to branch off into different parts of the house to give Sasuke and Sakura time to catch up on all the missed years. The twenty-five year olds reminisced about their school years they had spent together. Eventually, the topic of their old blonde best friend of theirs popped up into their conversation. The more the two discussed about him, the more they wanted to reconnect with their long lost friend.

"How about we check social media. You know see if he has any accounts anywhere." Sakura suggested. Sasuke nodded and flicked out his phone. Sakura repeated the action, both now searching and skimming through their social media's, looking for their high school friends account.

Sakura was the first to spot his account. She searched his name on Instagram, it instantly popped up. Sakura skimmed through the account, confirming it was their friend. She noticed there were quite a lot of models posted on his page, along with repeating photos himself and a certain purple haired girl with the most unique eye color.

"Huh, Sasuke look. I think I found his account on Insta." She handed him her phone, Sasuke took a quick look at the profile.

"Should we try to DM him? It seems he has a lot of followers so it might be blocked." Sasuke questioned.

Sakura shrugged her shoulders. "Don't know unless we try. We can always send a selfie of us to show that we aren't some random people dropping into his DM's."

Sasuke nodded in agreement. He was bubbling with excitement on the inside. Frist, one of his old friends showed up at his door and now he was going to try and get in touch with his other best friend. It was all so overwhelming, but it was a great overwhelming feeling.

Sakura finished up her message, it read...

Hello Naruto! This is Haruno Sakura! I was wondering if you would like to reconnect with me and Sasuke again? It's a long story, but I'm currently visiting his family for dinner. Sasuke and I were chatting and we thought we could try and all see each other again. Let us know if you want to reunite with us.

P.S. Here is a picture of us.

Sakura read her message out loud to Sasuke. "So how does it sound?"

Sasuke shrugged "Good enough, he'll get the gist."

Sakura finally hit the send button. For now the two would have to wait. It was getting late so Sakura decided to take her leave. She exchanged numbers with the family of four and said her respective thank you's and goodbye's as she headed to humble abode.

'What a wonderful day' Sakura thought as she smiled at the thoughts of today's events rewinding in her mind.