Chapter 2

Sakura stood in front of Konohagakure no Sato Hospital with her paper's and documents tucked closely to her chest, she was excited and nervous. She started to feel jittery and the adrenaline started to kick in as she entered the hospital. She walked up to the receptionist desk where a red headed woman with red brimmed glasses typed away on her computer. Her attention only averted from her laptop screen when Sakura cleared her throat. Her name tag read, Karin Uzumaki. Sakura furrowed her eyebrow, she swore she could've heard the name Uzumaki before. She brushed it off, many people in the world could have the last name Uzumaki.

"What can I do for you?" The red headed woman spoke up in an annoyed but whiny tone. Sakura straightened her posture, a little taken aback from the woman's rudeness.

"Oh! I'm here for an interview with Dr. Tsunade Senju." Sakura informed.

The Uzumaki went back to her laptop and continued typing, her face contorted into an even more annoyed expression. What the hell is her problem? Sakura cleared her throat again, awaiting an answer from the rude receptionist.

Karin sighed and looked up at Sakura. "Third floor, her office isn't too far from the phycology department. It's a little ways past that. When you see the sign emergency, take a left. That's where both Dr. Tsunade Senju and Dr. Shizune offices are located. Have a good day Miss."

"Thank you, you have a nice day as well," Sakura gritted between her teeth with a fake smile plastered on her face. She was absolutely aggravated at the receptionist's rudeness.

Sakura searched the halls until she finally stood in front of an office door with a plaque that read Dr. Tsunade Senju Emergency Physician. Sakura hesitantly rose her fist to the ER doctor's door. She inhaled a deep breath, preparing herself for her interview. Sakura gently knocked on the oak wooden door. She heard a quiet "Come in" from the inside of the room.

Sakura slowly turned the door knob and pushed the door open. Emerald eyes clashed with honey. Sakura offered a warm smile. In which, Tsunade returned back with a kind smile of her own.

"Hello. You must be in for the interview today. Please, have a seat." Tsunade gestured her eyes to the chair that was placed on the opposite side of her large pine desk. Her desk was scattered with large mountainous piles of papers, only a small space was apparent in front of her. Her laptop sat there, it's screen emitting a bluish glow onto Tsunade.

Sakura sat down and placed her files in her lap. She straightened her back, trying to appear confident and knowledgeable. She wouldn't let her anxiety get in the way of her interview. She's been to too many interviews than she could count on both hands. It was becoming increasingly tiring, she was hoping this was going to be her last job interview for a while.

"It's nice to meet you Dr. Senju." Sakura stuck out her hand to shake Tsunade's hand and smiled again. "My name is Sakura Haruno." Tsunade shook her hand with a nod and retreated her hand back to her side of the desk.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well Miss Haruno. Now, I see you have some documents there. Care to share them with me?"

"Oh! Most certainly!" Sakura handed her the documents. The folders held several copies of her resume and credentials. She'd be damned to lose these documents. Those papers are the most important thing in her life right now.

Tsunade flipped through each of the papers. While Tsunade looked through the files, Tsunade asked simple questions. Sakura gave her some intel on how she works with the public, especially in an emergency situation. She explained her strengths and weaknesses, explaining to Tsunade how she could possibly critique her abilities in this field.

An hour had passed by and Sakura bid her goodbyes to Dr. Tsunade. When Sakura left the office a small sigh of relief escaped her lips. Now she could only hope for the best. The worst they could say is "no", at least that's what Sakura's mother had always told her growing up.

Sakura started to walk down the hall to leave. She was so focused, wondering what the results of the interview would be, that she hadn't realized there was an incoming person walking her way. He didn't seem to realize she was there either, he was also deep in thought until the two collided.

Documents and files flew out their hands and onto the ground. Sakura gasped in surprise, completely unaware of who she bumped into. She looked up at the man she crashed into. He had onyx eyes and long raven hair pulled back into a low ponytail.

"Oh dear! I'm so sorry! Here lemme help you!" Sakura's face flushed a shade of red from the embarrassment. She frantically held out her hand to help him up. He took her hand and stood up brushing his pants off.

The man's onyx eyes finally met her emerald ones. He let out a little chuckle at her clumsiness. But he couldn't blame her, he wasn't too graceful himself. He took a second look at the pink haired woman in front of him, she looked way to familiar. He just couldn't put his finger on it.

"It's quite alright. The fault is on me Miss."

She giggled a little at his clumsiness. She reminded her of someone she once knew. He looked awfully familiar, she took a minute to examine him. She spotted a name tag, it read Itachi Uchiha Phycologist. Her eyes widened and a big smile spread across her rosy cheeks.

"Itachi! It's been so many years! How have you been?" Sakura clapped her hands together with excitement, a big smile still plastered on her face. Itachi's fell into a puzzled expression. He took another look at the woman but still couldn't seem to piece together who she was exactly.

Sakura seemed to notice his confusion and spoke up before he could ask any further questions. "Sakura Haruno! Remember? Sasuke's friend from high school. Now that I think about it, me and Naruto used to come over his house quite often." she giggled at the memory.

A faint smile appeared on Itachi's face. How could he forget her. Maybe it was the striking pink hair. He remembered Sakura having dirty blonde hair in her younger years. She looked so grown up, he could barely recognize her.

"It's nice to see you again Sakura. What brings you to the hospital?" Itachi asked.

"Oh! I just came from an interview for a job here. I've been job searching, so far I haven't struck anything. You could say it's been... difficult." She scratched the back of her head nervously as a smile still played on her face.

"I see. Ah, well I hope to see you here if they decide to hire you. What spot are you looking to go into?"

"A ER nurse." Sakura put her hand on her hip and flashed a cheesy grin. She let all her professionalism leave her system at the moment. Not even realizing it, she always felt like could act like herself when she used to be around the Uchiha family. Itachi noticed and chuckled. She was still the same sweet little Sakura he remembered all those years ago. It made him happy to see that she hadn't changed personality wise.

Itachi tilted his head and thought for a moment. He recalled his kid brother visiting tonight for dinner. He recalled that his little brother lost touch with his high school best friend. So he came up with a last minute decision.

"Would you like to have dinner with my family tonight Sakura? Sasuke and I had plans to go over our parents tonight and have dinner. Would you mind joining us?"

Sakura's eyes lit up, they sparkled with excitement and joy. "Oh I would love to Itachi-kun! Should I bring anything?"

"No need to. It's the same house. Do you remember the address?" Itachi questioned.

"Hm, it was 213-3? Right?" she tilted her head waiting for him to confirm.

Itachi nodded his head in approval, "Come over around six?" he wasn't sure if that was too late for her.

She smiled and gave him two thumbs up, "I'll be there 'tachi-kun!"

He smirked at his old nickname she used to call him. Oh how her presence brought back so many joyful memories. The innocent times when responsibility was unheard of to a young Sakura. To him she still was the small ball of energy and joy that she was years ago. Some things may have changed about her. Her personality still seemed the same, it was just more enhanced and a bit more mature than the last time he saw her.