Chapter 7

Sakura sat cross-legged on the grey cotton sofa, placed rightfully in the middle of the den. Ablaze emerald eyes stared blasély at the beaming screen of the flat television on the opposite side of the living room. Sakura slouched in her seat. Her head slowly flopped lazily to the side, she stared at the wall where the annual clock repeatedly ticked on the tan barren wall. She didn't bother reading the time, but she knew it was late. Around ten or eleven at night.

Sakura was exhausted. Mentally and physically. She had gone out with Ino today to spend some one on one quality time with her bestie. It had felt like forever since they've hung out, so Ino suggested they have a girls day out. Throughout the day Sakura was dragged from store to store by none other than Ino herself, buying clothing and other accessories. Somehow, Ino had managed to pull Sakura into a nail and spa. Ino persuaded her pale pink haired friend to get both a manicure and pedicure. Sakura gave into her best friend's whiney plea's, getting both her finger and toe nails painted a glossy salmon color. In the end, Sakura quite liked it. Ino had picked out both their nail colors, getting herself a pastel lavender. It wasn't a surprise her friend had good taste in color and style, she is a model after all.

Sakura had thoroughly enjoyed her day out. As she pondered the memories of her day, her eyes started to feel heavy and she knew sleep was going to soon take her in. Though her body begged for slumber, her mind was still in the midst of various thoughts. Her brain felt like it could still run a mile, while her body wanted nothing more than to hit the soft mattress. She found herself reaching out for her phone that sat on her side. She hadn't checked her phone all day, as she was busy spending the day with Ino. Sakura decided to take a quick dive through her Instagram page, after this she nagged herself that she'd hit the hay.

As she opened the app she noticed a message in her DM's. Opening her messages she saw her old friend had, to her surprise, replied. A small ball of happiness formed in her chest as she read each word of the message.

Hello Sakura, Sasuke!

Gosh! It's been ridiculously long since we've last talked or seen each other! I'm overjoyed to see this message! I would love to reconnect with you two and catch up. I suppose I should offer you my number, I don't particularly use my social media a whole lot. Infact, I wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't for my girlfriend. Anyways, here's my number 0120-344-297. Call or text me when you have the time! Excited to meet you guys again!

Suddenly Sakura didn't feel so tired anymore. A spike of adrenaline shot through her body and she shot up from her seat.

"Shannaro!!!" Sakura cheered with so much excitement, she fist bumped the air and twirled around on her tiptoes childishly. She was ecstatic to finally have both her best friends back. She was proud of herself for bringing back their old high school duo. A sense of pride washed over her and a idiotic smile plastered her cheery face.

Sakura saved Naruto's number and figured she would respond tomorrow, as it was already very late. She also decided she'd call Sasuke and tell him the wonderful news tomorrow as well, he was probably already asleep and didn't want to be bothered so late in the night.

Sakura stared at the message one last time, she still had a goofy grin spread across her rosy cheeks. She finally headed off to bed and her head laid rested on her cushioned pillow, letting sleep have its way till the sky was no longer a dark navy blue speckled with white dots, but instead, a hazy azure filled with dimmed blotches of scattered pillowy white clusters.

It was around 7 a.m. and Sakura was wide awake and ready to go. She had nothing planned for the day, she had the day off from her part time job. She figured she start her day off as per usual, with her morning jog. She enjoyed getting out so early in the morning and feel the dewy feeling of the morning mist brushing against her fair pale skin. She liked the smell of the fresh earthy morning air, the moistness of the early morning, had always woke up every sense of her aching body from her slumber. Not only did her daily jogging routine clear her body of soreness, it cleared her thoughts. In a sense, it was like meditation, but with the physical side added.

After her jog it was around a quarter to seven and Sakura headed back to her humble abode, her stomach growling attention, begging to be fed. She gave into her needs and sluggishly climbed the single flight of stairs to her apartment. She unlocked her door and kicked off her muddy sneakers to the side, sliding her feet into a warm pair of slippers prepared in the hall. Sakura continued with her daily routine. It was now around 8:50 a.m. and Sakura decided she would respond back to Naruto, along with informing Sasuke about the exciting news of getting back in touch with their long lost friend. 

-----------

Hello!! Sorry for not updating in a while! That's my fault. Also! I want a readers opinion. Do you think things are going to slow? I feel like it's going to slow, but I honestly think it's leading up to a good point. But what do you guys think? Should I speed it up a little bit or no? Comment and let me know!