Chapter 15

Today was the day when they’d all meet and Sakura was more than exhausted. She was living and depending on caffeine to get her through her late night shifts. Her lack of sleep didn’t help either. Her medication hasn’t been doing it’s job as of lately and she contemplated upping her dose a little. Not to mention her anxiety and depression was beginning to affect her daily life greatly. Once again, she found herself stuck in a slump. She knew she had to call up her doctor and prescriber to talk about different strategies to help her sooner or later. She didn’t know when, but she figured she’d get to it eventually. 

She was becoming increasingly nervous at the thought of seeing her old friends again. She was thinking of backing out and seeing them some other time. She knew it was wrong but felt as though they would see her differently than years ago or they would hate her. Inconsiderate thoughts such as those ran unintentionally through her mind. She became so overwhelmed that she ended up panicking and breaking down on her kitchen floor. She stayed like that for an hour or so. Once she felt she could get a hold of herself, she stood up, went to the sink and splashed her face with cold water. She decided that she needed to talk to her dad. He would pick up the phone no matter what and besides, Dad always knows how to make everything better. 

She picked her phone and scrolled through contacts till she found the name Dad. After a couple rings he picked up the phone. 

 “Yes’sa Sak?” 

“Dad…” Her voice sounded stuffy from crying. 

What’s wrong sweetheart? Did something happen?” Worry and concern poured from his voice. 

“Remember how I… How I told you about seeing my old high school friends again.”

Yeah, what about it? Did something change?” 

“Well I’m not sure if I should go.” She sniffed, trying to keep in the tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

Why not? You’ve known them since high school, I’m sure you’ll be okay.” He tried to reassure, though it didn’t seem to be helping Sakura at all. 

“I can’t. It’s all too much.” She started to cry again.

Her father was silent for a few seconds, he seemed to be thinking. “You’ve gotta try hunny. Didn’t you go out to eat with your friend Sasuke a few days ago? That’s one less person to get all worked up over. Besides, if I remember that goofy kid, what was his name? Namito? Natsu? Something with an “N”. Anyways, he was a pretty easy going guy and he doesn’t really seem like the kind of person to judge someone based on first glance. He knows you and I’m sure he wouldn’t treat you any different than he would’ve in high school. You all know each other.” 

Sakura thought about what he said. He was right, Naruto and Sasuke wouldn’t care. They’d see her for her. If she was able to go over to the Uchiha’s house for family dinner and hold a decent conversation, she would be able to face her anxieties today and see her friends. 

She took a deep breath in through her mouth and out through her nose. She felt much calmer. “You're right. Thank you Dad. Oh and by the way, his name is Naruto.” 

He let out a small chuckle, “Namito, Nastu. It’s all the same to me. If you ever need anything, call me or come over, okay? Make sure to pick up the list of groceries and bring them over when you visit friday. Make sure to say hi to the boys for me as well.” 

Sakura smiled, he always had a strange way of cheering her up. But whatever he said always seemed to work. “I will. I’ll see you then.” 

Yup! Have fun and be safe! I love you, bye.”

“I love you too, bye, bye Dad.” She hung up the phone and let out a tired sigh. Yet again, Dad saves the day. I don’t know what I would do without him. 

(unedited) 
------

I know these last few chapters have been boring, but I wanted to go over each of the characters' relationships with one another. Sorry for the super short chapter btw. Also I apologize for weird upload times, I’ve been a bit busy