3 - Truth or Dare, Brooke?

I'm back at Hogwarts for my second year. "Brooklyn!" someone shouts from behind me. I turn around and I see Annabel heading towards me. Her physical appearance had changed. Her hair was shoulder length and wavy. She was way skinnier than last year. "Did you not eat all summer?" I ask. "So you noticed I'm skinnier? Good! That means Cedric will too!" she exclaims. I roll my eyes. "I don't get why you would go and change yourself for a guy," I say. She shrugs. Moments later, Poppy joins us. She's changed too. Her hair was long and she had gotten rid of her glasses. "You look just as I remembered!" Poppy exclaims, giving me a hug. I return the hug awkwardly.

We head back to our dorm rooms to find that there's someone else in there. A blonde girl with short curly hair. "Oh, hi. I'm Heather Patel. New student," she says, turning to us. "Wow, our little family is growing," Annabel says excitedly. ...Family? "Mm. Nice to meet you. I'm Brooke. And I'm tired so I'm going to sleep," I say quickly after I see Poppy pull out a board game. She pouts and puts it away.

The next morning, I see a familiar face at the Hufflepuff table. "Looks like little Ernie did get into Hufflepuff," I taunt. He sends me a glare. I decide to leave him alone so I go join my friends. "What's for breakfast?" I ask them. "I'm on my diet," Annabel huffs. "Right. Your diet for Cedric Diggory," I mutter, rolling my eyes. "What about me?" a voice asks from behind me. I turn around and I come face to face with Cedric. "Were you eavesdropping?" I ask. "Not eavesdropping. Just passing by," he says with a grin. I roll my eyes. "That's the same thing," I say. He grins and leaves us alone.

"Bloody hell! Since when did you get so close to Cedric Diggory?" Annabel asks. She looks me up and down. "You are very different from me. Not as pretty. But maybe that's his style," Annabel mumbles. I purse my lips trying to hold back an insult. She grabs a plate of bacon. "I thought you were on your diet," Poppy says. "Not anymore," she says, eating her food.

Months passed. "Summer break is in a few months," Heather says. "That's a relief," I say. "But we have the finals before that," Poppy points out. I groan. Annabel no longer hung out with us. She started hanging out with a group of Ravenclaws. Apparently, her new best friend is Cho Chang. We all know that she's only hanging out with Cho Chang was because Cedric likes Cho. So much for our 'family'. She ditched us completely. She barely talked to us and the only time we saw her was at night.

Valentines Day arrived and the Great Hall was decorated in pink. It wasn't a lot of pink because the professors didn't try too hard. I take my usual seat with Poppy and Heather. Poppy had managed to sneak three Butterbeers into the Great Hall. "To us," she says with a grin. "This is awesome. I love spending Valentine's Day with my friends. We are so single," Heather says. "We're still too young to date," I point out. Poppy rolls her eyes. "Truth or dare, Brooke?" she asks suddenly. "Since when did we start playing that game?" I ask. "Since now," Poppy says with a smile. "Fine. Dare," I say feeling more confident than I was. Poppy's smile widened. I'm going to regret this. "I dare you to go ask Cedric Diggory to be your Valentine," she says. My eyes widen as I turn to see Cedric. He was staring at me again. "Your next dare is going to be so bad," I growl through my teeth.

I stand up and walk over to Cedric. He looks surprised by this. "You never find me first Brooke," he says. "I saw you staring at me again. Didn't I tell you it's rude to stare," I say. "I couldn't help it," he says with a grin. "Do you know what day it is?" I ask slowly. "Valentine's Day?" he asks. It was clear on his face that he knew what I was about to say next. Yet he wants me to say it out loud. Torture me. That git. He looks at me expectantly. "Will you, um, be my Valentine?" I ask. "What was that?" he asks. I roll my eyes. "Will you be my Valentine?" I ask a little bit louder. "Yeah, sure," he says with a grin. "Meet me in Astronomy Tower at 2," he says and I nod.

I sit back down with my friends. "Done. Your turn, Poppy. Truth or dare?" I ask. "Truth," she says quickly. Coward. "If you had to date a Gryffindor from our year, who would it be?" I ask. She looks at the Gryffindors. "The twins are nice," she says. "Well, you can't date both. Choose one," I say. "George. He's in the Gobstones club with me," she says. "Then go ask him to be your valentine," I say. "But I didn't choose dare," she complains. "I'm not giving you a dare. I'm giving you a suggestion. Consider it advice," I say. She gets up unsurely and heads over to the Gryffindor table. A few minutes later, Poppy is back with her face red. I raised an eyebrow and she nods. She's George's valentine!

When the time came, I went to Astronomy Tower. Cedric was there already. "Er, hi," I say awkwardly. He turns to me and grins. "When's your birthday?" he asks. "Um, March 5th. Why do you ask?" I ask. "You're going to be 13 soon," he points out. "No, really?" I say sarcastically and he chuckles. I spend the rest of that afternoon talking to him. I was beginning to like him. I was warming up to him. What I didn't know was I was starting to fall for him.