27 - O Negative?

The next few days didn't get any better. Bella's bump grew bigger and Rosalie got even more protective of Bella as the baby was nearing its arrival. The baby was having a toll on Bella's appearance. Bella's skin was pale and she looked bony and fragile. Actually, it was taking a toll on everyone. Alice didn't want to be near Bella because not being able to see her future was giving her a headache and Jasper followed her lead. Emmett, having nothing to do since Rosalie was busy playing bodyguard, would third wheel Alice and Jasper. Carlisle and Edward were always busy trying to find a way to get rid of the baby. Jacob, Seth, and Leah, who had left their pack to help us, didn't want to be in the house because of the smell. So it really just left me, Esme, Rosalie, and Bella alone in the big house. And then there were times where Esme is trying to warm up to the werewolves guarding the house so it was just me, Rosalie, and Bella.

"I think they've gotten tired of you bossing everyone around," I tell Rosalie when she asked where everyone was, realizing for the first time in days that the house was empty. "I just want the baby to make it. What's so bad about that?" she asks, pouting slightly. "There's nothing wrong with it. It's just, you're being overly protective of Bella right now," I say. She frowns and a v forms between her perfect brows. Rosalie and I sit beside Bella quietly, not wanting to wake her up.

When nighttime came, everyone started coming back into the house. Tonight, Jacob came as well. We're sitting around Bella waiting for someone to break the silence. "You're right," Edward says, probably answering one of our thoughts. "She is so much worse than yesterday," he says to Jacob. "Why? What is that thing doing to her?" Jacob asks. "Baby," Rosalie corrects. Carlisle ignores this and says, "The baby's not compatible with Bella's body. If only I could figure out what it wants..." "Jacob has a good idea," Edward says. We all look to Jacob. "It was more of a snarky remark. But the thing probably wants blood. It's thirsty and it wants to feed," he says, emphasizing on 'thing' to annoy Rosalie. "The baby," Rosalie pushes stubbornly. "He has a point," Carlisle says slowly. Carlisle rushes to the fridge and returns with a cup of blood. Bella looks at it before sipping some slowly.

"It's not bad. It's actually pretty good," Bella says. "Excellent!" Rosalie exclaims, beaming. "Jake, you should get some sleep," Bella says. "You're right," he muttered as he leaves the house. I glance out the window where I see three wolves, posed in a defensive position. Was something going on? "You should go check on them," Edward suggests. I agree with this and I head outside.

As I head outside, I hear Jared talking. I haven't heard from Jared since Jacob, Seth and Leah separated from the pack. The lines had been drawn and Jared had chosen his sides. I look at Jared whose poise falters when he sees me. He glares at me quickly as he turns back to Jacob. "We'll stick to our land. But where is your land, Jacob?Is it vampire land?" he snarls. Great. Jared was mad at me. Jared nods after Jacob doesn't respond. "See you around, traitors. Or not," he says, speaking to all of us. "When the time comes, tell Sam that I'll do it," Jacob says. "I'll pass that along," Jared says halfheartedly and he leaves.

"He's pissed at me," I tell Rosalie. "This is why we don't friend dogs. They're so touchy," Rosalie says. "It's a little too late for that. I already friended Jared," I grumble. Jacob, who was explaining what happened to Edward and Bella earlier, enters the room. "Where's the flood, mutt?" Rosalie mutters. "You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool," Jacob snaps. Edward lets out a chuckle as Jacob leaves. "I've already heard that one," Rosalie calls out after Jacob. "Stupid dog," Rosalie seethes.

I had fallen asleep on the couch across from Bella. Yes, I know, 'vampires can't sleep'. I guess the witch side of me really wanted sleep. I woke up to Carlisle taking an x-ray of Bella. "What happened?" I ask groggily. "Oh you're back," I say, acknowledging Jacob's presence. "The thing is breaking her bones now," Jacob says, answering my question. "Baby!" Rosalie corrects. "Will you shut up Blondie? It's killing her!" Jacob says as he storms out of the room.

"He fell asleep," Alice tells us. I look out the door to see Jacob sleeping on the stairs. "How's your headache?" I ask Alice. "I'll manage. It's not that big of a deal," Alice mutters. She grabs a pillow and stuffs it under Jacob's head.

The next morning, Seth comes, looking for Jacob. "Hey, Seth," I mutter. "Hey, Brooke. Have you seen Jake anywhere?" he asks. I tilt my head to where Jacob was snoring. "Oh," Seth says. "Want something to eat?" I offer him. "What's there to eat?" he asks excitedly. "Bacon and omelettes," Esme calls from the kitchen. "Awesome," Seth says with a grin. Beside us Jacob groans as he wakes up. "About time. The chainsaw impression was getting a little tired," Rosalie mumbles. "Hey, Jake's coming around," Seth yells to Bella and Edward.

"What's for breakfast? O negative or AB positive?" Jacob asks. "Omlettes," Bella informs him. Jacob grabs some food for himself and Leah before he leaves, Seth following closely behind him.

Jacob comes back a few hours later on Bella's behalf. "Oh wonderful. I knew I smelled something nasty," Rosalie snapped. "Rosalie, get something for Jacob to eat or something," Alice suggests. Rosalie glares at Alice as Jacob protests. "I'd rather not eat anything blondie spit in," Jacob says. "She wouldn't do that," I say as I picture Rosalie doing the exact action. She would do that. "Of course I wouldn't do that," she says, plastering a fake smile on her face as she leaves the room.

I flinched as I hear the sound of metal clanging in the kitchen. "She's up to something, isn't she?" I ask Edward who was smiling to himself. "It's Rosalie. Of course she's up to something," Edward says. Rosalie returns a few minutes later with a plate, which she had shaped into a dog bowl, of food. "Thanks, blondie," Jacob says. Rosalie smiles to herself, proud of her creativity. "Hey, do you know what you call a blonde with a brain? A golden retriever," Jacob says. "I've heard that one too," Rosalie says, no longer smiling.