22 - Escape from Reality

Edward and the others exit the room, leaving me with Carlisle. "So, what did you want to talk about?" Carlisle asks in his soft voice. "I, uh, before, when I was in the mountains, Victoria found me. She said something about Edward," I say. "You found Edward in a graveyard, right?" I ask slowly. "Yes," Carlisle answers. "You turned him but he had no memory of who he was?" I ask. "Yes," Carlisle says. "So Edward is Cedric?" I ask. "You can't be sure of that," Carlisle says. "Tom Riddle's graveyard... And Cedric was hit by the killing curse. He might not have been fully dead. He could've just lost his memory and magic when you found him and turned him," I conclude. "That could be possible. But the chances?" Carlisle asks. "I'm not sure. But I think Edward is Cedric. Where's my wand?" I ask. "We couldn't find it," Carlisle says.

"Are you sure you're not thirsty?" Carlisle asks. "If you mean thirsty for blood, then no," I say. "That is very interesting. It could be because you're a half-witch, half vampire," Carlisle says. "Is that possible?" I ask, still not used to the fact that I was a vampire now. "I'm not sure. There has never been one in the history of vampires. Do you have any gifts?" Carlisle asks. "Gifts?" I ask. "My theory is that every vampire brings one of their strong points from their human lives into their vampire life. For example, Edward can read minds. That might have come from the fact that he was good at reading people in his past life-" Carlisle says. "Wait. That proves my point exactly. Cedric was very good at reading people. He could always guess what I was thinking," I say. "Let's try something. What was one of your strengths?" Carlisle asks. "I don't know. I was good at magic?" I guess. "Think of a spell," Carlisle says. "That won't work. I don't have my wand with me," I say. "Alright then. Do you think you can control yourself enough to see Bella and the others?" Carlisle asks. I nod and Carlisle leaves the room.

A few minutes later, he comes in with the other Cullens. "You're alright!" Bella exclaims while giving me a hug. "Bella-" Edward says cautiously. "Relax, she's not going to hurt me," Bella says. "You were screaming a lot. This is a nice change," Emmett says. "I don't remember anything from when I was changing," I say. "That's a good thing. You won't remember the pain," Edward says simply. My eyes drift to the ring on Bella's hand. I look at Edward who nods, knowing what I was thinking. Edward had proposed. He and Bella were getting married. I try to hide the feeling of jealousy. I wouldn't have minded a few days ago. But after finding out Edward was Cedric, my boyfriend, I couldn't help it. "I actually want some sleep," I say. "I'll bring you home," Rosalie offers. I agree with this and Rosalie drives me home.

Once Rosalie left, I look for my stuff. I grab Cedric's Quidditch sweater and some other clothes and I put them in a suitcase. I couldn't even apparate. Maybe I could try what Carlisle told me to do. Lumos. Nothing. Suddenly a ball of light forms in my hand. Is this what they meant by wandless magic? Wingardium Leviosa. I point at a pillow and it starts to float. (Basically telekinesis) Maybe I could apparate. I shut my eyes and I focus on Macmillan Mansion. I get the feeling of being squeezed into a tube and when I opened my eyes again, I was in front of my parent's house. I hesitate. I desperately wanted to see them again but how would they react to me being a vampire? I change my mind and I apparate to our Christmas home.

My parents had bought this home for the week of Christmas Ernie and I came home. It was in Alaska and there was always snow. I drop my bag down. This place was my escape from reality.

After a week, I was getting kind of lonely. It was a big modern mansion but I was the only one there. So that day, I went out and adopted a husky. "Come here, Storm!" I say. He jumps into my arms and I giggle. He was so soft and cuddly and I was absolutely in love. I could get used to this lifestyle.