25 - Hangover

I woke up the next day with a massive headache. "I didn't think vampires could sleep," Carlisle mused. "I slept?" I ask. "Passed out, really. We didn't know if you died or not," Emmett jokes. "Haha," I say sarcastically. "Did I do anything stupid last night?" I ask. "Nothing too stupid. Except I think I heard you making plans to travel the world," Rosalie says. "I'm sorry. Travel? When did I say that?" I ask, extremely confused now. "I want to go to Rio after Toronto. I know a special place there," Emmett mimics. "Toronto? So I said something stupid to Jared," I say with a groan. I get off the couch and I pick up the phone. The phone rings twice. "Hello?" Jared's voice asks. "Hey, Jared, it's me. I- Emmett told me that I said that I was going to Toronto?" I ask through the phone. I hear Jared let out a laugh. "You said that you would come to Toronto with me and Seth. And you said that you wanted to bring us to Rio after," Jared explains. A grin appears on my face as I try to recall last night. "Well then, what are we waiting for? Meet me at the airport in an hour," I say. "How about we meet at Sam's?" Jared suggests. "Alright then. One hour," I say. I hang up the phone and Rosalie asks, "What was that about?" "I'm going to travel the world'," I answer with a small smile. Rosalie smirks. "I think a certain puppy has a crush on you," she teases. "Jared? Never," Emmett says dramatically. "Shut up, you two," I say.

I grab my bag and I head over to Sam's place. "Ok. What are we doing?" I ask. "We-" Jared starts to say. "Are going to run there," Seth says. "Like a race," Jared adds. "A race. I would definitely win," I say confidently. "You said it yourself. In wolf form, we can get to Canada really quickly," Jared says. "First of all, I can apparate. Aka, teleport. Second, vampires are faster than werewolves," I say. "Have you ever experienced how fast a werewolf can be?" Jared asks sourly. "Have I ever ridden a werewolf? No," I reply. "Ok. Let's do it now," Jared says. "You want me to... ride you?" I say, cringing at my choice of words. Jared rolls his eyes and turns into a wolf. I open my mouth to make a comment when Seth stops me. "Don't think about it that way. Think of it as riding a horse with fur and shorter legs and sharp teeth and-" Seth says. "Ok. I get the point," I say, climbing onto the black wolf in front of me. Seth flashes me a smile, turns into a wolf, and starts running.

Jared runs after him and I watch as the trees of the forest speed by. I let out a carefree laugh as the wind brushes my hair.

After a while, both wolves halt to a stop. Seth turns back into human form and I get off of my wolf. My wolf shifts into Jared who is grinning widely. "How awesome was that?" he asks. "Pretty awesome. I bet I still can run faster," I challenge. "Err, I don't think so," Jared opposes. "Wanna try me?" I ask. "Race? Hell yeah," Jared says. It took us three days to actually reach Toronto. We had made many pit stops along the way.

We reach the hotel, Jared checks us in and we go up to our room. Seth plops onto the bed, claimng that he was exhausted from our trip. "I'm tired. Maybe we can go to the spa," Seth says. "You want to go to a spa?" I ask in disbelief. "No. Not really. I don't know why I said that," Seth admits. I plop down on the other bed and I open the tv. "What are we watching?" Jared asks. "Hmm. Ooh. Clueless. That seems alright," I say. "Sure," Jared says, sitting next to me. After a while, both Seth and Jared end up falling asleep and that's when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I whisper, trying not to wake the two werewolves. "Hey, Brookey," Emmett's voice calls through the phone. "Having fun on your honeymoon?" Rosalie asks in the background. "It is not a honeymoon. It's called hanging out with my friends," I hiss. "Well then why aren't you hanging out with us?" Emmett teases. "Why'd you call?" I ask. "Alice wants to know if you're ok," Rosalie says. "Alice?" I ask. "Yeah. She can't see you're future cause you're surrounded by werewolves. But the thing is, she can't see past a week of Bella's future either," Rosalie says. "Tell her not to worry. She's probably just missing something that she can't see," I say. "That's what I told her. The blind spots in her vision aren't that helpul," Rosalie says. "Where are you again?" she asks suddenly. "Toronto. Why?" I ask. "Which hotel?" she asks. "Delta Hotels Toronto," I say, reading off the room card. "What a coincidence," she muses. "Might want to check the lobby. We're crashing you're honeymoon," Emmett says. "You guys are he-" I start to say when they hang up the phone. I run down to the lobby and sure enough, Emmett and Rosalie were there.

"I thought you were joking," I said in disbelief. "I've always wanted to come here. Don't look so surprised," Rosalie says. "She says that the designer stores here are amazing. Wherever she goes, I go," Emmett adds. Rosalie gives him a small kiss. "Aw, you two are so sweet," I tease. "Come on. Let's go," Rosalie says, pulling away from Emmett. "Go where?" I ask. "Yorkdale Shopping Centre," Rosalie says. "I don't think the mall is open right now. How about we go tomorrow?" I suggest. Rosalie sighs at this. "Fine," she says, giving in.

She checks into a suite and we end up spending the night at the pool. "It's so peaceful when other humans aren't around. And this view is amazing," Rosalie says, glancing through the window. "You should come hunting with us tomorrow night," Emmett says from the hot tub. "Brimley Wood Parks. We forgot to hunt before we got here," Rosalie says, pursing her lips slightly. "I don't need blood. Perks of being only half a vampire," I say. "I'll bring you a bunny," Emmett says. "No!" I gasp. Emmett laughs at my reaction. "Imagine not needing blood," Rosalie sighs. "Well, sometimes, if there's a large amount of blood, my throat burns. Like I need to have the blood. So don't feel too bad about it," I say, trying to comfort her. Rosalie hated being a vampire. "What are your plans for tomorrow?" she asks, trying to change the subject. "I'm not sure," I say slowly. "No plans? You're coming shopping with me then," Rosalie says with a smile.

A week later, I'm in Rosalie's suite, drying my hair with a towel when her phone rings. "Is that mine?" Rosalie asks. "Mhm. Unknown caller," I say, tossing her phone to her. "Hello?" she asks into the phone. She pauses. "Bella?" she asks suddenly. Pause. "Yeah. I'll meet you there," she says, hanging up the phone quickly. She turns to me. "Something happened. We have to get to the airport."