30 - I Want to See My Daughter

"Bella?" Edward asks. Bella looks around confused and deep in thought. "Bella? Are you alright?" Alice asks. She looks around the room and stops at Edward. Suddenly, she's in front of Edward, hugging him. I knew that Edward was taken and happy, but I still felt a wave of jealousy. "Let's go hunt," Edward suggests to Bella. Bella nods eagerly as the two of them leave.

I head downstairs to find Jacob and Rosalie fighting. "It's my turn now," Jacob says. "No way," Rosalie counters. "Give her to me," Jacob says. "No. Get out of my house," Rosalie retorts, still cuddling Renesmee. "Shut up, Blondie. This isn't your house. It's Carlisle's," Jacob says. "Go back to the forest, mutt," Rosalie continues. Renesmee sees me and starts bouncing happily in Rosalie's arms. "Ugh. Renesmee wants you," Rosalie grumbles, handing Renesmee to me. "So you guys are going to skip my turn completely?" Jacob frowns. "There are no turns. Renesmee chooses who she wants to go to," I say smugly. Jacob frowns. "That's hardly fair," he says. "Seems fair enough to me," Rosalie says, taking my side.

I look out the window as I see Bella standing at a cliff. She rips the bottom of her dress off so that it reaches her thighs. Alice, who had been watching along with me, grits her teeth. "That was pure silk shipped from China," she groans. "I'm sure you can get another one," I say, laughing a little. "They're coming back soon. Oh! They see a human," Alice says as she looks into the future. "How long till they're back?" I ask. "About an hour," Alice says. "She'll want to see Renesmee," Alice adds. Jacob looks up quickly. "She's not ready for that," Jacob says. "How would you know?" Alice challenges. "How do we know that she isn't going to kill Renesmee the minute she sees her?" Jacob asks. "Renesmee's her daughter," Alice says. "What if she doesn't have enough control?" Jacob says. "I just know," Alice says, getting upset. "Did you see it in your vision or are you guessing? I'm not letting Renesmee die because you're acting impulsively," Jacob says. "Jacob, don't be an ass," I say. "I'm being cautious," he says, before storming out.

An hour later, Edward returns with Bella. "I want to see my daughter," Bella declares. "Are you ready for that?" Esme asks anxiously. "I'm fine," Bella says confidently. I hesitantly hand Renesmee to Bella. Bella cradles Renesmee, bouncing her up and down, as Renesmee reaches for her face. Bella stops suddenly as Renesmee's tiny fist comes in contact with her cheek. "I- what was that?" Bella asks. "She showed you her first memory of you. She can do that," Edward says fondly. "How does she do that?" Bella asks. "How do I read minds? How can Brooke perform wandless magic? How can Alice see the future? She's gifted," Edward says. Bella kisses her gently on the forehead and Jacob tenses. "Alright. That's enough experimenting for one day," he says. "What is your problem?" Bella asks in an annoyed tone, hugging Renesmee closer to her. She glares at Jacob who is looking at Renesmee and she gasps in realization. Her face distorts as she aggressively hands Renesmee to me and grabs Jacob by the collar.

Jacob lands on the dirt outside painfully as Bella continues her yelling. "How could you? You stupid mutt! My baby!" Bella yells. "It's not something I can control!" Jacob yells back, picking himself off the ground. "I've held her one time. Once! And you already think you have some kind of moronic wolfy claim on her?" Bella yells. "We can share?" Jacob asks desperately. "Pay up," Emmett tells Jasper, who reluctantly hands him some money. "How dare you imprint on my baby! Have you lost your tiny mind?" Bella continues. "Let me explain, Bells!" Jacob says. "No! Stay away from my daughter. Run away while you can," Bella says, turning away. "Come on, Bells. Nessie likes me too," Jacob protests. Bella stops in her tracks. "What. Did. You. Call. Her?" she growls. "Well, the name y-you came up with is kind of a m-mouthful and-" Jacob says, stuttering. "Told you she'd hate that nickname," I whisper to Emmett. "Fine," he says. "I thought it was cute," he grumbles, handing me the money Jasper just gave him. "YOU NICKNAMED MY DAUGHTER AFTER THE LOCH NESS MONSTER?" Bella screams. She lunges for Jacob only to be stopped by Seth.

"Oh my god, Seth!" I say, quickly handing Renesmee to Rosalie and rushing forward. Seth, who was just attacked by Bella, laid on the ground groaning. Carlisle is besides me in an instant and examaining Seth. "Minor injury. Few broken bones. Possible concussion," Carlisle mutters. "Want me to fix it?" I ask. "Actually, if you don't mind, can we bring this to the lab? I want to see how your magic works under an X-ray," Carlisle says. "Seth are you ok with this?" Carlisle asks after I agree. "Yup. I can deal a little while longer, doc," he says as Carlisle brings him up.

Carlisle lays Seth on a table and sets up an x-ray over him. "Alright. Go for it," he says, focusing on the screen. "Episkey," I say flicking my hand. "Fascinating," Carlisle lets out. "So how is it under x-ray?" I ask. "They magically grow back together. Very quickly too. And then it's perfectly healed like nothing ever happened," Carlisle says. "Wow, thanks, doc," Seth says, sitting up. "Don't thank me. Thank Brooke," Carlisle says. "You recorded it?" I ask. "Yes. I'm hoping to discover something from this. Maybe if I put it in slo-mo," he replies. "Hey. Seth?" Edward asks, leaning on the doorframe. "I'm really sorry about that. It was my fault. I should have done something," Edward apologizes. "It's fine. No harm done. I'm healed already," Seth says, hopping off the table. "Want something to eat?" Esme asks, popping her head into the room. "Oh! Yes please," Seth says, following Esme out of the room. "So. How's Bella?" I ask Edward. "Fine. Feeling guilty. But otherwise, fine," Edward says. "Hm. You sound like you need something," I say. "What?" he asks, grinning. "This," I say, making a glass of blood float over. "Where'd you get that?" he asks. "I was... experimenting. Seeing if the enlarging spell could increase the quantity of blood in a cup. You can't do it with food or drinks, but since blood isn't technically something wizards have for breakfast, I thought I'd give it a try," I explain. He takes a sip. "Mm. My favorite. Mountain lion."