6 - I Only Have Feelings For You

"NO WAY! NO FREAKING WAY!" Poppy yells when I told her that I was going out with Cedric now. "Hey Heather, guess what," she says. I roll my eyes. I had already told Heather. "Let me guess. Brooke is going out with Diggory," she says. Behind us, something falls. We all turn around to see Annabel and shattered glass everywhere. "You're going out with Diggory?" she asks with disbelief. "It's honestly none of your business," I snap. She storms out of our dorm room. "Wonder what her problem is," Poppy mutters. Heather takes out her wand and says, "Reparo." The glass on the floor collected itself together and turns into a crystal bowl. I pick it up and place it on the dresser.

At lunch, Cedric sits down next to me. Poppy and Heather move away from us. It seemed like we were on a date or something. "People are staring at us," I say while eating a fry. "And I'm staring at my beautiful girlfriend," he says. I look up and I meet his eyes. I blush and I look back down at my plate of food. "Stop that," I say with embarrassment. He lets out a carefree laugh. More people start looking at us. I keep my eyes on my food. "Cho's staring at you," I point out. "I don't care. I only have feelings for you," he says. I feel myself turn another shade of red. "You should see how red you are right now. Are you embarrassed of me?" he asks. "No. Not of you. I just don't like the sudden attention," I admit. "I think someone with such a pretty face deserves even more attention," he says, leaning forward. "Cedric! NO-what are you-" I stutter before his lips crash onto mine. I feel the gaze of so many people on me. Great. Now everyone's staring.

"Don't be mad," he coaxes as we walk down the hallway to the common room. I continue staying mad at him. Or at least I try to look mad. I wasn't actually mad at him. I just wanted to see how far he'd go to get me to forgive him. I let out a huff. "I'm sorry, babe," he says with a grin. "Why are you grinning?" I ask as I give him a pout. "I think that you're not actually mad. You just want to see how far I'd go," he says. My jaw drops open. "Told you I'm good at reading people," he says proudly. "Fine. You win," I say with a smile tugging at my lips. I couldn't help but smile at my handsome boyfriend. "Your smile is beautiful," he says, giving me another kiss. This time I kiss him back. "I think I got very lucky," he says aloud. "I think I got very lucky too," I admit.

We reach the common room. "Well, you should go get some sleep. Goodnight, love," he says, giving me a kiss. "Night," I say and I head towards my dorm. I walk in and Poppy and Heather are waiting.

"Snogging in the Great Hall?" Heather asks. "You two must be deeply in love," Poppy says. "It's not like that," I start to say. "Nope. You can't convince me otherwise," Poppy says. We hear the door open and it's Annabel. She shoots me a glare and grabs her stuff. "Where are you going?" Heather asks. "Ravenclaw tower. To comfort my friend Cho who's heartbroken," she answers. Poppy rolls her eyes as she leaves. "Oh! I left my muggle studies textbook in the common room," I say, suddenly realizing.

I run out of the room towards the sofa near the fireplace. "Brookey's got a boyfriend," says an annoying voice behind me. I roll my eyes. "Shut it, Ernie," I say, grabbing my book. "I'll be sure to let mom and dad know," he says. I whirl around and grab his collar. "Don't you dare make it sound like more than it is," I growl. "Hey. No fighting," the prefect shouts. I let go of my jerk of a brother and I storm away. I crash into someone and I look up. "You have beautiful eyes you know? You should put them to use and watch where you're going," Cedric teases. "Sorry. I thought you were going to sleep," I point out. "No. I said you should go to sleep. Speaking of which," he says. He pushes me towards the girls' dormitories. I wish him goodnight and I go to sleep.

At the end of the year, the petrified students were healed and everything at Hogwarts was back to normal. Turns out that boy with glasses fought the monster off. Not bad for a second year.

Summer came and Cedric visited me very often. "Hey, babe," he says. "Hello," I say, smiling. "It's raining outside," he points out. Oh gosh. I knew what was going to happen next. "No! Ced! I just washed my hair y-" I start to say. Cedric grabs me and we're outside. He twirls me as rain pours on us. "I'm drenched," I complain when he finally decides to go back inside. "Good. We can take a shower then," he says. "We? As in together?" I asked in a panicked tone. "Too early for that?" he asks. I nod quickly. "Fine. You go first," he says.