Chapter One

PSA: LIAM LUCIANO IS ONE PERSON.

* * *

My heart was racing as pain surged through every limb.  I groaned loudly and attempted to sit up, only to curse and fall back to the damp, cold floor.  My palms pressed against the concrete as I closed my eyes, grimacing at the pain.  Tears rushed to the corner of my eyes as I pressed my cheek against the ground, the cold felt nice against my face.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, taking in as much of my surroundings as I could.  The room was dark and lacked natural light.  You could hear water dripping from a loose pipe, echoing a steady, yet annoying sound as it fell into a growing puddle on the floor.  The walls and floors were made of pure concrete; no form of carpet or decoration found.

Turning my head, I craned my neck to see a faint ray of light coming from near the top of a set of crooked stairs. Carefully, I sit up and begin to stand, but the clanking sound of a chain made its way to my ears. My stomach dropped and I glanced down at my feet. Two iron cuffs were tied around my ankles.

My heart sank, along with the Titanic and whatever hope I had built up in escaping. 

I fell back on my ass, my hands trailing the long chain that connected to the wall.  I frowned and slightly pouted, this was not okay. None of this was okay. What had I done to be put here?

Slowly but surely, my memory started coming back to me. Two men in black suits, armed with guns entered my house about . . . oh god, what time was it?

I grabbed at my wrist, but to no avail; my watch was gone. I specifically remembered putting it on that day . . .

Sighing, I closed my eyes once more and attempted to remember...

Sunday ; June 7th, 2015The Sunday had started out as any normal weekend would. I stood in BWI - Baltimore-Washington International Airport, located in Baltimore, Maryland. It was easily a forty-five minute drive from where I lived with my mother, Susan, and my dad, Ian. They were going away to Austria for the summer. I would be home home alone for three months.

At the time, it sounded like heaven.

"Now, are you sure you're going to be okay, Sweetheart?"

"Yes, Mom," I laughed, exasperated. She had been worrying about me for the last two days; saying the same thing over, over, and over again. "I don't think we should leave her for three months, Ian. I'm worried." Pushing her worries into the back of my mind, I smiled, "Mom, I'm twenty-one!" I held up a two in my left hand, and a one in my other; as if that were to ease all of her motherly worries and concerns. My dad, thankfully, stuck up for me.

"Susan, she'll be alright. I have all the faith in the world in my little girl." He chuckled. His dark eyes twinkled, his salt and pepper hair glistening beneath the lights. As if on cue - as if we planned it - I took a step towards him, he towards me, and he wrapped his arms around my shoulder, giving me a reassuring squeeze. I smiled widely, waiting for my mother's response.

She looked like she wanted to argue and if I knew my mother well enough, I knew she still wasn't comfortable; but reluctantly, she dropped the issue. "I'll feel much better if you call me every night," She stated. I watched my father's eyes go wide and I knew mine had done the same.

"Every night?" I exclaimed, "How about every other, or maybe once a week. I wouldn't want to interrupt your guys'. . ." I waved my hand, inappropriate images of my parents doing explicit things entered my mind. ". . .yeah," I nodded, "I'll call you once a week."

"Don't forget," My mother stressed.

"I'll text you whenever I'm free-" I shot her my best 'I'm a great daughter' smile, before ushering the two towards their gate. "-so have fun, enjoy yourselves, don't worry, and bring me back a present." I smiled, excitement building up. I rested my hands on my waist and waited. I watched as my parents showed the employee's their tickets; the stripping, scanning, and searching for any weapons and, or, drugs being done at the initial entrance. They entered through the gate and turned, waving and smiling towards me.