Chapter Thirty-Four

Major shout out to virgogirl1 for being one of the realest ride or dies I've ever seen.  Keep doing you, Boo.

Who here was rooting for the Panthers in the Superbowl? I was...but I still found this joke golden.

I tried calling Cam Newton, but there was no ring.

*slaps knee*

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me. 

Have a great long weekend everyone! I go to school Monday, so think of me while you're all warm and watching re-runs of your favorite television shows.

- - - -

            "I never lie because I don't fear anyone.  You only lie when you're afraid." - John Gotti.

- - - -

            I did as Rico said without question or hesitation.  My eyes darted around the outside of the car as I peeled away, but I couldn't tear my eyes from the rear view mirror, where Natasha's home slowly faded from sight.  I relaxed my fingers around the wheel, before gripping it hard, my knuckles slowly turning white.  I gulped.

            I risked miniscule glances in Federico's direction.  He kept the gun up against my forehead, but was constantly shifting in his seat, glancing over his right and left shoulder, looking for something, or someone.  My mind raced as I came to a residential stop; I looked both ways, and without further instruction, I kept straight.

            I was already attempting to plan an escape; I had two slightly realistic options.  One, I could attempt - key word, attempt - to disarm Rico and turn the gun on him; or, I could just unlock the doors and jump out.   Neither sounded fantastic, but that was all I could think of under the pressure. 

            The ideas faded as quickly as they had come; there was no way on this beautiful, glorious earth would I be able to disarm a highly trained ninja assassin and hop out the car without him dismembering me.  The thought gave me chills.

            "Is this what you and Dominic were planning this morning?"

            For the first time since he hopped in the car, Rico stops moving.  I found it difficult talking to him, considering the glasses on his face and the hood pulled high over his head.  I felt distant, as if this wasn't the same man I saw put a gun to his head, or the same man that just a couple hours ago, acted like a five year old child.  The vibe he gave off was chilling, unhuman-like, terrifying.   I never realized just how important eye contact actually was. 

            "Huh?" Even from here, I could see his eyebrows connect together.  He must've looked confused under his shades.

            I turn back to the road.  "I heard you and Dom talking this morning; talking about how you need to do a favor for Liam."  Federico shoots one last glance over his left shoulder, before leaning back in his seat. "Is this the favor? Is Dom making you go behind Liam's back with him?"

            "No," He lets out a soft, cold kind of laugh.

            "You're lying to me."

            "I lie to no one that I am not afraid of," Rico leans back over to me, a slow, crystal white smile appearing on his face.  I watch out the corner of my eye as he pulls his glasses off his face, showing off his new, black and blue bruise. His smile fades.  "And I am not afraid of you."

            I let out a frustrated breath as Rico nods to the right, instructing me to turn at the intersection.  I turn the wheel slowly, my mind still believing what I had just convinced myself of.  "I bet I know what this is about then," I start, smirking proudly.  The gun was still hovering dangerously close to my head, but at this point, I could care less.