Chapter Thirty-Five

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd we're back.

I apologize for the incredibly long wait! I appreciate everyone that messaged me asking if I was okay; I most certainly am, just busy with school!

This chapter is .... 13K words so take your time! Also, this sets up a lot of the drama that will unfold, so enjoy And comment, please! I'll be reading! Lol.

- - - -

"The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus." – Unknown.

- - - -

And again, I was the center of attention. I was the first person both Liam and Rico looked to as I doubled over, upchucking my breakfast and the little bit of the lunch we had eaten earlier on the way home. Dominic's gaze dropped to his feet as he lifted his hands in a disgusted manner. His expression was in a twisted state of disgust, maybe even anger. No one spoke, no one even dared to breathe.

"Maid," I heard Dom whisper as I straightened myself up, still feeling queasy. My stomach was doing all sorts of flips and turns that I truly didn't appreciate. My face felt hot and the air in the room was thick, making it harder to inhale. Dominic had always been a soft, yet powerful speaker whenever I heard him talk; but this time, he raised his voice. His demand practically shook the walls. "Maid! Get me a fucking Maid!"

I slapped a hand over my mouth as I felt myself growing sick once again. I didn't wait till I threw up over Dom for a second time; I bolted past Liam, causing him to stumble backwards, and ran out the door. Rico and Luciano's facial expressions would forever be burned into the back of my mind, including the look that would be forever engraved on Alex's face. Federico looked like he was trying his best to suppress a laugh; Liam looked concerned, but nothing else.

I heard Rico let out a laugh the minute I stepped out into the hallway, briskly walking towards the closest bathroom. "She fucked you up, Dominic." He lets out a series of chuckles that end up fading the farther I walk away.

I didn't linger around to hear Dominic's surely sarcastic response. Two or three well dressed women ran past me at Dom's call as I step into the foyer, briskly walking through and up the steps towards the only bathroom I was familiar with. Tears stung the back of my throat and pricked the corner of my eyes as I scrambled up the last few steps, barging straight into Liam's bedroom. It didn't take long for me to reach the toilet, fall to my knees, and throw up whatever was left in my stomach.

The tile floor was cold and hurt my knees the longer I kneeled there, feeling sick. The feeling of throwing up alone was uncomfortable; it sent a pain shooting through your stomach and left you feeling like absolute shit. Hair gathered around my face as I was finally able to breathe through my mouth again. The door opened quietly as the person stepped in, coming up behind me.

Cold finger tips brushed against either side of my cheeks as I felt all my hair leaving my side and being pulled back. Initially, I had jumped at the unfamiliar contact. A pair of hands fell to my waist as I lifted a hand, pulling at my hair that was now done up in a pretty good ponytail. Despite the sick feeling that remained in my stomach, I smiled, knowing good and well who it was before I turned around.

"A big, scary mafia leader just so happens to carry around a hair tie in his pocket?"

Luciano's hands gripped my waist as he hauled me to my feet unsteadily and turned me around. My knees wobbled a bit, causing me to reach out, grabbing his forearms. Liam doesn't return my smile, but he does respond in a serious manner. "I must when I have a seven year old sister."

I just nod.

"Are you feeling okay?" My hands slip from his forearm as he gathers them in his own, shaking them to get my attention. His beautiful, naturally brown eyes search my own for any type of answer; but the tears that form ever-so quickly cloud my response.