Chapter Forty-One

a/n: Voting for the People's Choice Award started on Aug 1st. To vote for Luciano, just tweet "I nominate Luciano as #MyWattysChoice #Wattys2016" Any RT/Like on a tweet similar to that counts as a vote – you can tag me also if you would like = @xotaintedkisses

And thank you for everyone who followed me on Twitter! I didn't expect to reach 100 followers that quickly! Also, aishfiuehau we are almost to 9K followers on Wattpad and I'm screeching. That's incredible! So thank you, thank you, and yep, you guessed it, THANK YOU!

*THROWS HOLY WATER ON EVERYONE AFTER THE BEGINNING OF LAST CHAPTER*

WHAT? YA'LL THINK VINCE WAS GONNA BE AN OLD, UGLY ASS MAN WITH BARELY ANY HAIR, ZERO TATS, AND A BEER BELLY?

LMAO YA'LL KNOW ME BY NOW.

- - - -

"They say heavy is the head that wears the crown." – Jussie Smollett, Heavy (SONG UP TOP)

- - - -

| Liam Luciano |

Rosalie's hand was warm, as warm as the dying sun was on my back; but neither were scolding hot, nothing like the stare I knew Faith was giving me when I had turned my back on her without a goodbye, without a second glance – but not without a thought. She was all I thought about and it had been going on like this now for a while. From the moment I picked up head up to start a new day, to the second I rest my head on the pillow to end another – Faith Crawford was my one constant, steady, happy thought. Even despite all the shit that's going up and coming down around me.

We were halfway to the idling SUV when it clicked in Rosalie's head and she all but spun around and ripped my arm off. "Ms. Faith!" Her eyes went wide and I had to grip her hand tighter to keep her from running back. "Ms. Faith! Hurry! The bad guys will catch you!" My hand was now on Rosie's arm, attempting to keep her still, but making sure I didn't hurt her. She was pulling, tugging, trying to break free and rescue Faith on her own.

By the time I had all but thrown her over my shoulder and carried her towards the car, she was crying. Her tears weren't silent, peaceful ones either; they were loud, cries of agony and fright. Rosie fought me; she hit my back and kicked my legs, still screaming the same name over and over and over again. The same name, that at the moment, I didn't want to hear.

"Ms. Faith! Ms. Faith!"

It took both William and I to sit Rosie in her seat and strap her in. Her screaming for Faith had subsided, but her face was wet, her cheeks drenched in tears. Her expression was torn in confusion and sadness as she relaxed into the seat and cried silently. Her shoulders shook and she hiccupped, but before I could close the door, temporarily hiding me from her reaction to this entire mess, she looked up at me. I was putty in her hands when she gave me the look; the Rosalie look. Her mouth upturned and her bottom lip stuck out, her large, wide eyes glistened with unfallen tears.

"Go back and get her Liam, we have to go back and get her."

Her bottom lip trembled and I never felt as guilty about anything in my entire life as I did now. Rosalie wasn't the only one staring at me; so was Dominic, who was using the window of the car as support. Will was leaning forward, now seated in the back with Dom, his eyes hopeful, awaiting my answer. Michael was glancing at me out the left side mirror, his window rolled down and Rico had craned his neck to the left, eyeing me with no type of visible emotion at all. They all waited, in silence, for me; because in the end, my word overtook any other.

"I can't."

When I woke up the next morning, I was sweating, my heart was racing, my throat was dry, my head was pounding, and I had vague knowledge on what had happened the night before. The world spun for a good few seconds before my vision focused and I could make out the walls of my bedroom; but while I recognized my room, I also managed to notice the clothes I had quickly stepped out of puddled on the floor, along with a bottle of champagne that had been knocked carelessly off my nightstand.