Chapter Thirty-Three

So after an intense case of writer's block and struggling to find a good time to write now that school has started, I have finally finished the chapter!

O.M.G. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE 3 MILLION READS ON THIS STORY LIKE ASKFHAGFYFUFKAHFUH THANK YOU. IF I COULD HUG YOU ALL, I WOULD!

ENJOY THE CHAPTER AND SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES!

- - - -

                "I'm sorry." - Federico De Santis 

- - - -

                 Sun peered through the blinds of Liam's luxury bedroom the next morning, waking me.  The warm rays of light heated portions of my leg that stuck out on the side of the bed, past the crisp, white sheets.  I blinked softly, inhaling deeply at the sight of a brand new, action filled day.  My head sunk further into the plush pillows and my eyes fluttered closed. 

            I stayed like that for a second longer.  My mother always told me that intuition was a woman's best friend and in this situation, I believed her.  Although my eyes were squeezed shut, I could just tell that Liam was not lying beside me; and when I did open my eyes, it was confirmed.

            Liam was gone.

            "Seriously," was all I could mutter in an irritated fashion as I sat up, eyeing the empty spot of the bed where Liam usually lay.  The covers were pulled to the top of the bed in a messy fashion; it was clear, he had hopped out of bed and made his portion of the bed without waking me up.

            I eyed the room slowly, analyzing every bit of it as I scanned it.  I started from my left, only noticing that the bathroom door was left slightly ajar.  But upon further analysis, I realized no light was on, nor did I hear a shower or tap running - nobody was there.  My eyes scanned the ground, looking for any articles of clothing Liam possibly could've left as he got dressed this morning - but once again, I came up empty.  If there was anything that signaled Liam Luciano hadn't just up and vanished, it was the faint smell of his infamous cologne; it was light and floated around the bedroom in a delicate manner.

            I threw my legs out the side of the bed and stood up quickly, huffing all the while.  I raked a hand through the knots in my hair, while the other lazily pulled the duvet up to the head of the bed; it was a lazy, awful attempt at making the bed look made; then again, the last thing I was thinking about was Liam's large mattress. 

            I wouldn't say my feelings were hurt simply because he wasn't beside me when I woke up, but I will say that they were bruised.  I had seen enough media throughout my lifetime to understand the whole 'don't be there when they wake up' deal, especially after a night like Liam and I had.  Or maybe I had just set my expectations far too high; especially thinking that Liam and I would wake up together and act like the cute couple that we weren't.  Or maybe I figured that Liam and I would wake up, chat deeply about our pasts, which only led to Liam making me breakfast and bringing it to me in bed.

            Then again, this isn't the movie Think Like A Man and Liam is no Michael Ealy. 

            My hand was on the doorknob of the bedroom door by the time I finally looked down, glancing at my appearance.  It didn't exactly register in that moment in time that all I had on was a large shirt Luciano must've slipped over my head while I slept.  I was still partially upset and curious as to where Liam had gone this morning, so without a second thought, I flung the door open and stomped out.