Chapter Forty-Six (Part 1)

a/n: The Final Chapter is split into 2 parts because of its length. Double update! YAY!

The Shine Awards 2017: GUYS YA'LL HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD I WANT A CUTE LITTLE STICKER ON MY BOOK OMG. SO, it would mean THE WORLD to me if you all voted Luciano into the Best Romance category.  The book is in my reading list and I follow the account.  Voting is simple.

Just put the title, my username, category B, and tag a FIVE people! VOILA! DONE.

Do NOT forget to read the epilogue.  I will be following up with a few people who were not mentioned in this chapter.

Sorry for any grammar errors, I went through it a few times but I'm not perfect.

- - - -

"...I'll tell you all about it when I see you again," – Wiz Khalifa (Ft. Charlie Puth), See You Again

- - - -

RECAP:

Vincenzo De Santis waltzes in and saves Faith & Co. from their impending doom.  Dominic's whereabouts/health update is N/A.  Liam was arrested.  Federico is M.I.A until Vince finds him and sends a group of men in to rescue him from a room he set on fire purposely.  Liam left a note and told Faith it was best she go home.

He signs the note, LuLu.

Dominic Santiago.

I hadn't known him as long as I knew Liam or Federico, but he was just as special to me.  He had been a true gentlemen right down to the core from the moment I met him.  From the moment he dropped to his knees and pressed the back of my hand to his lips, to the last time I saw him in decent condition – kneeling down beside Zara and wrapping an arm around her, comforting her simply because he knew how to cope with the loss of a loved one.

I had crawled out of bed around ten o'clock this morning, feeling just as tired as I had when I had laid down in bed.  The bedsheets had been cold, the pillows hadn't been comfortable, and my thoughts were still racing even after I closed my eyes and tried to focus on falling asleep.  Sleep never came and when I realized that it wouldn't, I got up and let my feet carry me to my next destination.

My next destination happened to be Dominic's room.

His room was a mess and that just didn't seem like the Dominic I knew.  I had never seen him having a bad day; his hair was always jelled and curled to perfection, his outfits always matched and seemed well planned out.  He seemed like a generally clean person, but his room was far from organized.

Dresser drawers were pulled out halfway, clothes tumbling to the floor as though someone had rummaged through them quickly.  Dress shirts and pants covered the floor, along with necklaces and watches that had seemingly been thrown to the ground from their place atop his dresser.  The desk to my left was littered in papers and pens; some papers were balled up on the floor, while others were simply scattered across the wood.  But my eyes couldn't miss the hole in the wall.

I was doing okay until I stepped a little further in and the cologne that he typically wore rushed by my face in a breeze.  My eyes watered up with tears and I had to do everything I could to keep them at bay.  I lifted a hand and wiped at the corner of my dry eye, as if that was going to keep the tears from falling.

I drifted over towards the desk, scanning papers that had scribbling on it.  Most of them were quick notes he had jotted down, while another piece of paper seemed to have different memory verses written on them.  My heart actually hurt when I brushed a crumpled piece of paper out the way and glanced down at another.