Chapter Two

A/N: Again, Liam Luciano is one person. {edited}

* * *

"That was the stupidest thing you could've done."

I groaned, my eyes fluttering open. My vision cleared and I found myself staring into two very handsome faces. Immediately, I recognized them. Not only were they the mysterious men that broke into my house, knocked me out, and kidnapped me; but they were also the total sweethearts – note the sarcasm – that introduced themselves to me in that concrete hell-hole.

Hell-hole. I frowned, my eyebrows furrowing together quickly. My hands shot out from under the silky white duvet and I grabbed at the mattress that supported my weight. I rolled my head to the right, sinking deeper into the down-feathered pillow that propped my head up. To my right was a nightstand; a digital clock and a lamp. The clock read 11:46am. To my left was another nightstand, an empty picture frame sat alone on its oak wood.

"I didn't think you'd ever wake up," Luis said. I rolled my head back over, staring at the both of them, my lips pursed closed. At times, his accent wasn't so noticeable, but other times it was thick; making it hard for me to understand him. I noticed both him, and William, stood above me on either side of the bed, their arms folded, frowns on both their faces.

"Where am I?" My lips cracked even more at my attempt to speak and my throat burned. I tried to prop myself up with my arms, but I gently fell back down, weak. William stepped back, combing a hand through his blonde locks. Luis did the same, shoving his hands deep into his pockets. With them out the way, I was able to analyze the room I was in even more.

The walls looks freshly painted, kissed with a beautiful cream color. The carpet matched the walls. The room was huge; all the furniture giving off a Victorian style look. A dresser sat in the corner on my left, right beside another door; one I assumed that led towards the bathroom. Directly across from my bed, two thick, oak wood doors sat cracked, more than likely leading into the hallway.

"It doesn't matter where you are," William finally answered, turning back to me. "You're just lucky to still be alive."

"Lucky?" I heard Luis breath, a nervous chuckle escaping his lips, "More like blessed; we need to have a talk, young lady."

"A talk?" I countered back, shooting up from my seat. The room spun for a few seconds, but I held my ground. No way was I showing them any signs of weakness. "Damn right we need to have a talk! Where am I? Why am I here? Who are you guys? Why did you kidnap me? Why don't I remember anything? And who the hell was the bastard that slapped me?" I raked a hand through my naturally red hair, my eyes shooting back and forth between them both.

They sighed, gave each other a look, and shrugged. "You're in Chicago," William answered first, smiling a bit. I stopped him right there.

"Chicago?" My mouth dropped, "Please," I breathe out, "Please tell me that there's a town in Maryland named Chicago that I am unaware of because I swear on everything that is holy, if that bastard--"

Luis held up a hand, and I clamped my mouth shut, still fuming. If I had the strength I would get up out of his bed and attack them both. No, I don't know karate; but I do know crazy. I motioned for them to continue.

Luis answered this time, "Look, I know you're confused, but we can't tell you why you're here."

"So I'm here for a reason?" My mind was already racing. If I was here for a reason, this meant my kidnapping wasn't for fun, per say; they needed me. It calmed me a little, knowing they needed me – meaning they wouldn't kill me; but what did they need me for?