❛❛14❞

The cold wind blows
I take your hand, I feel your breath
I close my eyes
We are together
- Stay, BTS

~✿>•<✿~

“N-Never…l-let...g-go...N-Never…l-let...g-go…”

There was a she lying on that wooden plank, frozen to almost death but she kept murmuring the last words the boys said.

“Never let go Y/N!”

Her body was so numb that she couldn't feel any of her limbs, she just felt like she's going to die any moment now.

“I-I…l-love...y-you…” Y/N managed to let out those words, a smile forming on her lips the memories of all the time she spent with the boys flashed into her mind.

The first time she saw them when they appeared out of nowhere and stopped her from jumping off the ship as if they were angels sent on the earth to protect her.

When Jimin kissed her hand and sent sparks through her body like no one else has ever made her feel. When she poked Namjoon's dimple getting courage out of nowhere.

How the boys' motivating words had a huge impact on her and that was the day a spark of living lightened in her. How they danced with her that day just to lift up her mood and it really did. She felt happy for the first time after her father's death.

That day when she asked Jungkook to draw her naked but then she got insecure about her imperfections. How they encouraged her and Jungkook drew her with those scars. She was beautiful in their eyes in every way.

Her every kiss with them, the way all of them gave her the same feeling of love and safety that she got addicted to their presence, she got addicted to them.

That night when they asked for the promise "Never let go", it felt like they were scared of something but so did she. She was scared, scared to lose them, scared to never feel their warmth again, scared if she'll not see them again.

And it happened…

She did lose them, she broke her promise, she did let go. She had to...

Because if she didn't then it would've put all of them in danger, they all would be dying along with her and she would never want to be the reason for the death of those who gave her a reason to live.

She wanted to live for them, even it was for a short while, she was happy that she got to spend some time of her life being genuinely happy with the ones she loved and adored.

They saved her in every way a person can be saved...

Even if they were for a short while, it was the best time of her life she ever had after her father's death. She smiled to herself finally closing her eyes and letting the arms of death embrace her.

But then she heard something…

“Y/N!!!”

“Y/N WE'RE HERE! COME BACK!”

“THERE'S A BOAT! IS ANYONE ALIVE?”

She was about to sleep a long sleep but her eyes flutter open as soon as she heard the voice of the boys yelling her name.

Still, her body wasn't in a condition to move, she was ice-cold, numb, too numb, and even if she tried to scream for help her voice won't come out loud. Tears started forming in her eyes in disappointment, she couldn't keep her promise she did to them, she broke it.

But then her eyes fell on the one of the crew man's dead frozen body floating on the water and his whistle.

Her eyes saw a ray of hope, a ray of light...