Chapter 15

Far into the country side, inside a room of the Bael househild, Misla Bael was lying unconscious inside her room, like usual. She was in coma for a long period of time. Many doctors came and tried to cure her, but they all were unsuccessful to do so. It is said that her illness was a common illness amongst devils, where they will remain comatose and won't wake up. And they will die eventually while remaining comatose.

After a long time of trying and fooling himself, Sairaorg has accepted that he would never see his mother awake, smiling, again. Because, they've tried everything but still, she was not cured. No one could tell the reason behind her illness let alone cure it.

Heaven...

"It seems that the satans were forced back to the underworld."

"So it seems."

Azazel was with Uriel, talking about something. Because he asked michael, he was granted temporary permission to enter the heaven, for a short period of time. He would leave soon as his time was almost up.

"So, it's really out of your hand huh. Guess they have to try their best to not to die. Who knows, maybe a miracle would happen."

"There is nothing we can do about it. It's their fault to begin with. You reap what you saw. Angels would not interfere in that matter. That is what his majesty wants. We don't want another factional war."

"But, what happening below is no less than a war itself. But it is as you said, you can't do anything about it. Afterall, you can't go against the law. But,"

"Think twice before taking action, Azazel. You know what is the outcome of this. If you still want to move, then there is nothing I can do."

"I know Uriel. No matter what, we were friends once. But you see, I appointed myself as those stupid kid's teacher. And a teacher must save their students."

"The decision is yours to make. If you want to play teacher, then you may as well be prepared for the outcome. All I can say is, good luck."

"Hey, what kind of joke is that huh? You are wishing good luck to the leader of the fallen Angels? hahaha! <sigh> yeah, I want to play teacher. I must go, there is not much time left."

With that said, Azazel left the Heaven and headed toward the underworld.

Back to underworld...

"aghkhh, <cough> <cough>."

As issei was trying to hit his opponent, he took a counter hit and despite having a hard armor, he took lethal damage and was coughing blood. The others could not do anything but watch this helplessly as they also were being attacked by some invisible shots which they could not see and only could block because of their heightened sense.

Serafall was quickly casting barrier shields one after another to protect themselves. With each hit, the shields were breaking and she has to cast another one.

Issei somehow retreated back to the other devils side while trying to heal his armor.

"Aghh, ddraig, do something about the armor!"

"I am trying partner. But it seems like the unknown substance you were hit by, has some special properties."

"What do you mean?!"

"It pierced your scale mail and touched your skin. Though thankfully, your skin was not injured deeply."

"But, can't I just heal back from it?"

"That is the problem partner. I am having problems fixing your armor in the place where you were directly hit. And despite touching it the outside part of your skin, the damage was done inside."