Chess Game

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys, looks like I'm back. So, I changed this story to a Archie x Ellie x Jughead, hope you're not too pissed about it. Well, here is chapter 35. Let's go on with this.

Thank you to the ones you didn't abandon me yet. 

CHESS GAME

Ellie is looking through the kitchen's open entrance at Veronica and Archie, they're hugging now. At least he managed to have one out of two forgiveness, just not the one he wanted the most. He looks over Veronica's left shoulder, and his eyes meet Ellie's green ones.

God, it hurts.

A phone ringing brings Ellie back to reality, where it hurts a little less. She watches as Jughead reaches for the phone inside his pocket, he rolls his eyes at Ellie before picking up.

"Hey, Dad. What's up?"

"Jughead, hey. You're not gonna believe it! Everyone's over here celebrating." She doesn't hear what it is that it's said but she can see by Jughead's express that he's confused, until he hears the explanation. "Listen, the eviction notices, the back rent, it's all gone, paid in full. No one has to move out."

Jughead smiles widely. "Amazing. How did that happen?"

"What happened?" Eleanor steps closer in anticipation. This overwhelming feeling of curiosity takes over her body, and she wishes Jughead had just put it on speaker. "What's going on?"

"It was you and Ellie! You shamed him into it." FP's voice lets out how proud he is of those two kids. "He did a complete 180."

"Who did?" Jughead asks while his eyes are on Ellie's, he doesn't have an answer for her because he's just as confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Hiram. Hiram Lodge." The man on the other side of the phone answers with an exciting voice. "Well, he just bought Sunnyside Trailer Park and he said we can all stay. We're staying!"

On the other side, Jughead can hear all the cheering. He knows everyone is thinking this is a big blessing now, but he's not sure this is a celebration motive. He can still hear his Dad calling out for him, but the phone is already falling down from his ear.

Jughead holds on Ellie's worried look. God, he just told her they would bring Hiram Lodge down, and now their task just got a lot more complicated. He owns them now, Southside.

"Jughead, what happened?" She frowns.

"Hiram Lodge just bought Sunnyside Park, there's no more debt." Jughead tells her with sorrow as his eyes look away to the Kitchen's entrance, where Veronica and Archie are watching them with confused expressions on their faces.

"No, he can't do that! Jug, tell me that your Dad is not really sure, we –."

He looks back at her. "I'm sorry, Ellie."

"Guys, what's going on?" Archie questions while approaching them, Veronica walking right by his side with concerns of her own. "Is everything ok?"

"First your Dad buys the Drive-in, now he owns Sunnyside Park." Jughead accuses, his only on the raven-haired girl. "As I suspected he's gobbling the Southside, piece by piece."

Betty hears the accusative voice from the living room, so she makes her way to the Kitchen. There's a tense environment, and she realizes that as soon as she steps in. "What's happening?"

"Hiram Lodge happened." Ellie mutters.

"Let's slow down." Archie intervenes. "Mr. Lodge is evicting people from the trailer park?"