The Musical

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Finally, the musical episode it's here. It's one hell of an episode, and it took me a lot of work to write this chapter. But it's a big one, and I'm really proud of it, so I really hope you enjoy it.

Thank you!

THE MUSICAL

"So, Kevin asked me to –."

"Be the videographer of the behind the scenes documentary?" Ellie smiles widely while closing her locker, and continues her way down the hallway. "Of course he did,"

Jughead follows her right away with a frown. "How did you know?" But soon enough he realizes what he missed, and catches up to her, walking side by side with the blonde girl. "Was it you?"

"Never," She shakes her head, but she has that look.

"Of course it was you." He chuckles lightly.

"Let's just say," Ellie faces him with a shrug. "I wouldn't want anyone else filming me."

"How many favors does Kevin even owe you?"

"None, this one he did it without much convincing, actually." She tells him, and continues after she places one hand on his shoulder, forcing the two to stop in the middle of the hallway. "Maybe he just knows you're the right person for the job."

"Sure." He rolls his eyes at her, and continues in a softer tone. "Are you helping Kevin with directing?" Jughead asks, because he actually thinks she would be an amazing director.

"Kinda, yes! I mean, he asked and I thought why not." Ellie states, and tells him the other new. "So I also got Fred Andrews assigned to build the scenarios for the musical. I actually thought I owed him that, even though Archie's the one who bailed on him."

"That was messed up,"

"Tell me about it." She sighs. "The look on his face, jeez."

. . .

"Welcome to Carrie: The Musical."

Before Kevin can continue the introduction, a chair being dragged all the way across the stage to the circle calls their attention, and Ellie's surprised to see Fangs joining them.

"Hey," Kevin greets him, and finally proceeds. "Okay, next. Introductions."

"I'm Ellie Cooper, and I'm co-director. So any problem you have, you can come to me."

"I'm uh Archie." The red-haired boy continues, and for a solid second Ellie wants nothing more than to get out of here. Because all he brings her – now – it's bad memories, but she's here for Kevin and he doesn't deserve her bailing. "I'm playing Tommy Ross, the boy next door."

"I'm Betty. And I play Sue Snell, the good girl."

"Veronica Lodge," The dark-haired girl speaks up with a smile. "Playing mean girl Chris Hargensen."

Cheryl stands up next, with an enthusiastic look on her face. "I'm Cheryl Blossom, playing the iconic role of Carrie White."

Ethel mutter something under her breath, but luckily everyone decides to ignore, so she moves on with her question. "Who's playing your Mom, Margaret White?"

"I am!" A voice echoes throughout the room, and they all turn to look at Alice Cooper who approaches the small circle on the stage.

"Mom," Betty breathes.