Black Swan

Meanwhile, Veronica had just opened her heart to Jughead

"Thanks." She gave him a small smile, "You look worried..."

"It's nothing probably..." He shrugged it off, "Just Eleanor."

"Yeah, she've been kind of off, right?"

Jughead nodded, "Kind of off."

"Is there anything you wanna tell me?" Veronica frowned her eyebrows, "Is there anything you're hiding...?"

"Why would there be?" He replied, "It's Ellie. She wears dresses like it's a second skin, she puts her feet crooked when she's sitting down, she always touches her ear after saying a joke, and she's also very terrible at those... Ellie's just weird ... Just been weirder than usual."

The raiven-haired girl smiled, "Do you mind if I ask something?"

"I'm not gonna stop you."

"Was there anything there...?" Veronica tried to read his expression, "More than best friends, other than brother and sister thing, did you ever had... feelings for Ellie?"

Jughead was caught by surprise, so he wasn't able to stop the memories.

"Stop, Jug!!" Twelve-year old Eleanor pleaded, "I'm not short!"

"Of course you are," He bothered her, "Betty is taller than you!"

"Why are you always comparing me to my sister?" The blonde crossed her arms over her chest, moving to the side of the booth at Pop's, "I'm gonna be taller than you."

"Ohh, don't be sad, Ellie." Jughead messed her perfect locks, "You'll always be my number one girl."

"Always?" She soften, a smiling growing on her face, "You're my number one boy too."

Neither remember if it was Jughead or Ellie who started it, but suddenly their lips were touching, and that was their first kiss ever – they were each other's first kiss, each other's number one.

They seperated with rosy cheeks, when they heard the bell rang. Archie Andrews, the third member of the Golden Trio – the luckier ginger in Riverdale – walked to their booth and, just like that, Jughead Jones' place as Ellie's number one boy was taken away, even if deep down the ten-year-old boy was aware that place had never been really his to start with.

But Eleanor Cooper had been his crush since kindergarden until the very moment Jughead realized it was better to be her brother, than heartbroken.

"Once," He found himself sharing, "but hey don't –."

"My lips are sealed, Jones." Veronica gave him a assurances smile.

It was strange to see how different people could, in the end, have so much in common – like Veronica and Jughead – both Dad's had contact with demons both their children were trying to fight away. Because that happens, sometimes we aren't the one who get punished by our darkness, sometimes our darkness have consequences on the people we love.