You've Got Me

Before the ritual, Eleanor thought it would be better if she went home, to change her clothes and take a warm shower to prepare herself to what was about to come. She was expecting to find Betty, but she didn't.

Ellie took her shower first, and it was only when she left the bathroom that she heard the front door open; it was Alice Cooper arriving home. She prayed so her mom wouldn't come fight her right now; it wasn't the best time.

"Hey, your mom let me in..."

She turned around, recognizing the dark-haired girl right away; a sharp pain attacked her chest, because Veronica hand't left her – which showed how good of her friend she was – but also because that meant she would have to insist.

"Ok, you can let yourself out then."

"You're on full Cheryl Blossom bitch mode lately. As Betty." Veronica crossed her arms but the worried feature didn't match her lecture, "What is happening to you, E? Is this about the Serpents?"

"Who even told you about that?" Ellie spat.

"Archie did, he was worried and rightfully. Whatever, that doesn't matter. What did the Serpents do to make you change this much?"

"The Serpents did nothing to me, Veronica!" She told her, "If they did something... It was helping me discover who I really am."

"No, that's –."

"You should go now, you know," Ellie looked at her emotionless, "before I show you how much worse than Cheryl Blossom I can be."

"Forget I even came here," Veronica breathed through her nose, "I'm just stupid, thinking of inviting you to the party. Have a nice night, hanging around South Side with your new friends."

"I will."

Veronica slammed the bedroom's door with anger, leaving Ellie behind. She didn't feel the need to cry, hoping she would be able to fiz everything once she did what the Black Hood wanted – which was to let go of everyone, thankfully not Jughead, which meant she would have at least one shoulder to cry on.

Eleanor was ready ten minutes later, and even tho she managed to escape her mom at the kitchen, she sure wasn't able to run away form Archie Andrews, waiting by her doorstep.

"I have to go, I have no time for this."

"No!" He pulled her back, making her face him, "I'm not giving up on you."

"You should," She tried to free herself, "Let me go, Archie!"

"I'm not!"

"Please," Ellie cried.

When Archie saw her tears, he stopped. He didn't know she was that vulnerable until that moment. He watched as she ran her hands through her hair, looking desesperate.