Choices

rewritten

Pickens Park was crowded with Eleanor's friends, if they could still be called that. Things were different between them, things were colder. It happens to everyone as they grow up, it was happening to Eleanor too. She was finding out who she is and what she wants, and realized that the people she have known since forever don't see things the way she does.

Betty was exchanging glances with Veronica, telling secrets through their eyes, and Ellie managed to caught it, feeling slightly left out; Archie was in a corner, picking up trash by his own, trying to avoid contact with her, and Ellie noticed and it hurt; Kevin wasn't talking to Eleanor even after she protected him against her own sister with the forest story; and finally Reggie Mantle, the boy who was so interested in her, a few weeks ago, was flirting with Josie.

Truth was, Ellie had been left behind on her Northside life.

"V,"

"I'm in the middle of something." Veronica turned her back.

"Wait." Ellie tried.

The raiven-haired friend turned around with a roll of her eyes, "What? You remembered you have friends here on the Northside?"

"I have hurt the people that I care about the most, and I'm terribly sorry." She approached her, hopefully, still friend, "There is nothing I can do to undo what I did. But I have a reason –."

"Yeah, the black hood." Veronica sighed, "I know all about your little ride with that psycopath, Betty told me. But it doesn't excuse the fact that you abandoned us for... them."

"Don't say it like that," Ellie shook her head.

The girl crossed her arms, "Like what? Like the truth? Are you telling me that if the black hood hadn't forced you to break up with Archie, you wouldn't have done it anyway?"

"No!" Eleanor widened her eyes slightly, "I wouldn't! I love him."

"You have any idea the things you told him? It didn't had to be that way. You were just a cold heartless bitch."

"Archie told you?" She frowed.

"Yes, and let me tell you, Ellie..." Veronica stepped forward, "You don't hurt people you love."

With that the raiven-haired girl walked away to Betty's side, both whispering something. It was clear to Eleanor that it had something to do with the Black Hood, seeing Betty had told Veronica the truth behind their behavior.

Ellie turned around, facing Archie Andrews. He looked sad, that much was truth; in fact, he looked hurt, and disappointed. And their eyes crossed for one moment, Eleanor realizing it didn't matter how much time had passed she would never be done falling in love with Archie.

Veronica's laugh distracted Eleanor, and she looked over at her sister and the raiven-haired girl. It hurt Ellie, it had always been the three of them since Veronica arrived in town. Now she was standing by, watching Betty and the dark-haired girl teaming up. And it just hurt.

So, Ellie was standing in front of Veronica Lodge later that day. The girl's eyes stopped on her once she ended the call, and stepped forward.

"So," Eleanor crossed her arms, "where is that drug dealer going?"

"What are you doing here?" Veronica pulled her to a corner.

"I knew you and Betty were up to something so –."

"So now you care, thought you were all about Southside business." She accused.

Ellie titled her head to the side, arching her brow at Veronica. That made the dark-haired girl sigh in defeat, gesturing for the blonde to follow her. Veronica filled Eleanor in everything on their way to meet up with Betty, and now Ellie was in on finding the Sugar Man.