No Traitor

Eleanor was sitting down on the Jones' couch, one leg over the other and her arms crossed over her chest. She was angry at the whole situation, and she could see that Jughead was too by the fact that he kept walking from one side to the other.

"Your Dad won't –."

She was about to try and tranquilize him when the door opened, FP stepping inside. Eleanor leaned forward immediately, but by the look on his face there weren't any good news.

"What did they say?" Jughead asked right away. "Are they kicking us out?"

"There's gonna be a vote. You two versus Penny."

"Wait what?" Ellie frowed.

FP rubbed his forehead with his fingers, he couldn't deal with all that mess. It was too much, and it so much his fault.

"They can't see what we get with Penny in the picture?"

"Penny's a cobra, but mutilating her?" He sounded so disappointed that Eleanor almost have in to the guilt but she stood up instead. "That's the kind of thing you don't come back from, Jug." He turned to look to her too. "Neither of you."

"Yeah, like stuffing a teenager's body in a freezer?" Jughead replied, but his features changed the next second. He regretted it.

FP pushed Jughead against the wall, and Eleanor's eyes widened at the view. She walked up to them, each hand on their shoulders, trying to calm them down.

"Stop this,"

FP let him go with her hands, and took a step back. "Tallboy was right. You brought the Northside down on us, Jughead, and you triggered all the anger towards Ellie. The Serpents are turning on her because of what you wrote! Because she's from the Northside!"

"I'm right here!" Eleanor protested, and called both their attention. "I don't need protection! I am a Serpent, and they need to understand that!"

"No, you need to go." FP pointed his finger at her. "You need to go back to the Northside before this blows up on you."

"You were the one who asked me to look out for Jughead!" She recalled his words. "I joined the Serpents so I could –."

"And I'm sorry, Ellie." He stepped closer to her, his hands grabbed her shoulder. She could see it in his eyes, the guilt. "I never should have asked that of you, but I didn't know how much this would weight on you."

"Don't kid yourself!" Jughead exclaimed. "You can't just cast Ellie out and let Penny win! She's one of us and –."

"You were the one who came to me when Ellie beat up a man! You were the one who begged me to take all that way and stop her from joining the Serpents, Jug!" FP snapped at his son, under Ellie's surprised gaze. "And now you threw her under the bus! Bringing the temple down right on her damn head? You will not just be the death of us... You will be the death of her too." FP pointed at Eleanor now. "Cause this girl would go to the end of the world for you, I just never thought you would ask her to, Jughead. Not to her, not to the girl you have loved since you were little kids, your first love. No, not to Ellie."

Eleanor was looking up at Jughead like she was hoping he would deny all that, about going behind her back to FP and ask him to don't let in on the Serpents, she was hoping he would grab her hand and take her with him out of that trailer. So they could talk all night, and figure out a way to cast Penny out again – hopefully in a much better way this time – but when Jughead looked over to her, she knew none of that would happen.

"Go home, Eleanor." FP told her.

She glanced at him. "No. I don't care what will happen, I can't just walk away, FP."