Secret Safe Spot

"Have you heard it?"

It was what most people were talking about so far into the day  so of course Eleanor had heard about Mayor McCoy's resigning. Some part of her was happy because that meant Hiram Lodge didn't have someone up there anymore, but another part of her was concerned about who was going to take McCoy's place. It could get either very bad or very good from this point on.

"Yes, I did." Ellie answered, but quickly changed the subject. She wasn't feeling like voicing her worries to him, not now. "Have you heard from Adams?"

Archie looked down at her and he wasn't sure why but his tone sounded accusing, even tho he didn't mean it. "You should know, you were there."

"Yeah... I went to see you... I just couldn't be in the same room as him. But... I mean... are you any closer to bring down Hiram Lodge?"

"Ellie." He stopped by his locker, but his full attention was on her. "Adams is not on the right path to bring him down. He is willing to do anything."

"Some part of me is too." Ellie confessed. "He brought a deal to the table with FP. He wanted Jughead's silence in exchange, Archie. Hiram needs to be stopped!"

"Is it worth losing Veronica?"

"What are you talking about?" She frowed at his sudden question.

"I was over at Pembrooke last night. She told me about how you didn't have her back like you told her you would at the deal with FP." Archie explained.

"You mean like I didn't back up her Dad?" Eleanor replied. "Of course I didn't."

"Hiram Lodge might do dirty business here in Riverdale but... But he's not the worst."

"What?" She stepped back with his words. "Are you listening to yourself, Archie?"

"Look," Archie grabbed her face with his two hands. "I don't want us to fight because of Hiram Lodge, ok? He has nothing to do with us. We're fine."

Eleanor refused to give in to his love, she was angry. Part of her felt a lot of anger towards Hiram. "He wanted the Serpents to start a riot against me."

"But he couldn't." He kissed her forehead. "You're good, so let it go."

"Hey, Ellie cutie." Cheryl's voice interrupted the two.

Eleanor slipped through Archie's arms just like she wanted to do since those words started leaving his mouth. Archie was angering her even more, she thought he would understand. Clearly, she was wrong. 

Eleanor and turned around to face the red-haired girl with confusion. They hadn't talked in a while, and it Cheryl's approach surprised her. "Is everything ok? Do you need something?"

"I would like a word with you. Alone."

"Sure." Archie kissed his girlfriend's lips gently. "I will talk to you later, El."

Cheryl crossed her arms once Archie walked away. "That's a very caring boyfriend you have." 

"You could say that." Ellie shrugged but continued. "Now, what's going on?"

"All night long I kept tossing and turning in my canopy sleigh bed, thinking I would wanna know. And then I thought about how connected we are, you know, with being cousins and..." Cheryl swallowed before continuing. "And JJ. So I thought I should tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"I believe your Dad is... He is sleeping with my Mother."

"My Dad?" Ellie felt what seemed like a punch in the stomach. "I..."