I Love Her

Hello, 

Before letting you begin your reading, I'd like to tell you, or warn you, that this chapter is extremely focused on Jughead and I don't know why. I wrote this fully with my heart and I'm not sure if you'll like it. This chapter makes this book look a lot like a Jughead Jones' fanfiction. So, I am very sorry. 

Kisses,

@kellymesweetz

Eleanor Cooper was sitting down at Pop's for breakfeast, she ordered the same as usual and pretended like she was twelve years old again. It was fun to pretend, it was definitely funnier than facing how much reality sucks.

But as she faced the window by her side, Ellie realized she would never be able to completely forget. Her now shorter hair was a reminder but more than that, her tatto and the jacket weighing her on the shoulders.

"Ellie Cooper,"

Eleanor turned her head to face the arrived new face. She had never seen the woman, so the fact that her name was known to her left her feeling uneasy. But suddenly the woman sat down at the booth, and Ellie noticed the Serpent's jacket.

"Before you feel the need to ask me how I know your name... Family always finds family. And we are family, am I right, Ellie?"

"I don't know you," The blonde crossed her arms over her chest, but of course she knew who the woman was – Penny, the same Penny that helped Jughead's Dad, "so please let me finish my breakfeast."

"Here you have." Pops placed the plate on the table with a smile, and left.

"I'll keep you some company." Penny replied with a wider smile, taking a sip of her drink, "I'm waiting for Jughead, you know him... I'm –."

"Penny Peabody."

"So," Penny pointed a finger at the girl, "you do know me."

"No." Ellie leaned forward, "I know your name, not who you are. So it's only fair to assume that you know my name... but knowing me? That's a little different, am I right?"

"You..." The woman narrowed her eyes at first, "I like you, you're a perfect Serpent."

It sounded like a compliment at her ears but deep down Ellie left her stomach disagree; she felt sick for a moment, a flashback of her recent choices rushing through her head. And how much did she regretted some of them.

"What do you want, Penny?" Ellie asked, tired of playing games.

"Here he comes!"

Eleanor turned around, finding Jughead standing there, facing her like he had just seen a ghost. She couldn't figure out if it was Ellie or Penny that put that scary look on his face, but knowing better... it was definitely both; the fact that his best friend was chatting with the woman his Dad warned him about.

"Sit next to your girl," Penny gestured, "we have business to discuss."

Jughead approached the booth careful, almost as if he was scared they would notice him. He sat down, finally, his eyes on Ellie – asking her what she was doing there, and he felt the urge to yell at her to run but it was too late, wasn't it?

"I can't do it, whatever it is. If I have to pay for you helping my Dad..."

"He needs more help, which is why I called. FP got in a little accident with some Ghoulies in the prison shower the other day." Penny told him.

"Oh my god." He gasped.

"Is he ok?" Ellie leaned forward, concerned.

"He's in the infirmary." She replied, "They messed up that pretty face of his..." Eleanor sighed in sadness and reached out to touch Jughead's arm, "The Ghoulies wanted blood payback for the deal you and that Northsider made with the Sheriff."