Car Trouble

"You've got to be kidding me

"You've got to be kidding me." Eleanor muttered, throwing her head back in anger, "Really? How less lucky can we be in one night?"

Archie was knelt next to the tire with his flashlight, trying to understand the damages, and by the look on his face they weren't going anywhere further into Greendale.

But giving it a second thought, maybe it was for the best – that way they would never deliver the drugs, so they wouldn't get into trouble. End. Only, it wasn't that easy.

"We're gonna have to call triple C." Archie warned.

"What about the box in the back?!" Jughead panicked, "No, no. Let's call Betty. She can bring us a tire."

"Hey, no way!" Ellie stepped forward, "Betty is staying as much away from all this mess as it is humanily possible of her."

"She's right, man. Betty's not an option."

"Ok, fine. You're right." The dark-haired boy breathed, "Kevin! He's got a truck. Let's call him. Come on."

"What?" The blonde frowed, "Kev? Sweet innocent Kev? What have you been drinking, Jug?"

"It's our only option!" Jughead reminded her, "Call him, Arch."

Archie worked on his phone, his eyes fixed on Eleanor. But as soon as he started calling, a truck approached them, the horn sounding loud at their ears. It stopped a few meter away from them.

Ellie exchanged looks with the boys, "That's not Kev."

"Damn right it's not." Archie agreed.

"Just play it cool, guys." Jughead warned them.

They watched as the man stepped out of the car, making his way to them. He stopped next to the end of his truck, leaning against it.

"Having car trouble?"

"No."

"Yeah."

"Great." Ellie muttered.

Both Jughead and the man stepped closer.

"We just need a tire. Or a ride to Greendale, if you can help."

"I have no tire, but I'll be passing through Greendale." The man moved his head to take a look at the truck's trunk, "What's in the box?"

"Pancakes mix." Ellie spoke up, with a sweet smile only she could give.

"I can take you, but it's gonna cost you." He warned, "How much cash do you got?"

"Eighteen dollars." Jughead told him.

"But I only have room to one of you."

"Me," Jughead replied right away, "me and the box."