- 25 -

*Happy New Year!*

 An hour after the house of mystery appeared and subsequently disappeared from Titan's Island, it returned, hovering above the grass before the front door creaked open, and Dick and Raven stepped out.

Their meeting with Constantine and 'Z' had ended abruptly when they had gotten word that some sorcerer called Faust was trying to summon an army of the undead. Z had profusely apologised for the sudden goodbye, but Constantine was more concerned with getting payback on Faust for some unexplained reason.

Placing his hand up against the front door's scanner, Dick unlocked the front door, before stepping forward into the elevator, Raven followed behind him and soon they were on the upper floors of the tower were designated for living, while the lower floors were used as facilities and storage.

"Hello!" - Dick shouted the second he was off the elevator. - "Anyone else here?"

The was a moment of pause before Garfield's voice replied. - "YO! WE'RE IN THE CONTROL ROOM!"

The two went down the hall, and into the control room, which seemed to be filled with every other Titan member, who were all crowded the main screen which seemed to projecting a feed of what seemed like an unconscious Anarky. All except for Damian who was fiddling with some device at the mini-workbench in the corner.

"You guys caught Anarky?" - Dick questioned, moving past Jaime and Donna closer to the screen, where he was able to get a better look at the red-clad activist.

Garfield huffed, kicking his feet up on to the table close to him. -  "Not until after he'd locked us in a warehouse and took our powers."

"He took your powers?" - Raven responded, just managing to keep her voice from wavering.

"How'd he manage that?"

Before anyone could answer, a series of high-pitched beeps emitted from the Damian's position, there was a short pause before there was another series of beeps.

"Uh... Damian?"

"Yes?" - He replied without looking up from whatever he was tinkering with.

"What is that?" - Donna asked, folding her arms over her chest.

"Some of the Meta-Jamming technology Anarky was using." - He paused before switching to a screwdriver. - "I'm trying to figure out how it works." 

"So... Do you understand it?"

Damian dropped the screwdriver. - "Not in the slightest." - He exhaled.

The room fell silent. They had won this battle, but seemed no closer to winning the war.

Eventually someone had to ask the question they were all thinking. - "What now?"

Dick and Kori shared a look, a conversation played out without a word spoken, yet both knew what the either was saying.

"Now... " - Kori began. - "We wait for Anarky to wake up. Then I go interrogate him and we use the information he provides to plan our next move." - Finished laying out her plan, Kori dismissed the Titans back to their rooms. The leader hoping that the teens could get a few hours of rest before another problem arose.

----------------

 So far, in the hour-and-a-half of free-time Kori had granted them, Damian had spent a majority of it refitting the gadgets his E.M.P had fried. He was actually about halfway through fixing his uniform's GPS tracking feature when he heard someone knocking at his door.

"Come in Raven!" - He shouted without even turning to his door.

The half-demon let herself in, before quietly shutting the door behind her. Noticing Damian's unyielding focus on his workbench, she took a seat on the edge of his bed and petted the sleeping Titus beside her.

"How are you?" - He asked, still transfixed by the work in front of him.

She tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. - "I'm fine... still powerless though."

"I thought Zatanna and Constantine were helping you?"

"They were. But something came up."

Damian tutted. - "Typical Constantine."

Raven smirked. - 'This is nice.' - She thought. Things had been weird between them recently, and it was good to relive the good old days, where Damian and her could just hang out, make a few jokes, maybe watch a horror film or two, and just be friends... without any weird feelings bubble to the surface.

"So how did you manage to capture Anarky?" - She questioned while scratching Titus's belly.

"What?"

She shrugged. - "Every other Titan was powerless, I assumed you were the one who caught him."

"You assumed correctly." - He said, confirming her theory.

"So how'd you do it?"

"I used an E.M.P to take Anarky's technological advantage then I tied him to the ceiling with a cable."

Raven giggled at the thought of that image, earning a smirk from Damian. The smirk soon fell however.

"Unfortunately the E.M.P destroyed my gear as well, meaning I'll probably have to spend the whole night fixing it."

"DAMIAN! ARE YOU IN THERE?" - Kori suddenly shouted through the door.

"Maybe not the whole night." - Damian murmured, getting up and open the door for the Tamaranean.

"Good you're still dressed." - Kori commented, noticing Raven sitting on his bed.

"Yeah... Why is something wrong?" 

Kori huffed. - "Anarky's awake. Dick and I tried questioning him, but he said he'd only talk to you."

Damian nodded, grabbing his sword, he paused and turned to Raven. - "Keep an eye on Titus for me?" - He asked, waiting a second before acknowledging her nod and following Kori.

----------------

 Descending down the second elevator, Damian stood perfectly still until it reached his desired floor. The floor of course being the Tower's small holding cell. He'd been with the Titan's for just over a year now and had never once seen a cell in use. So it was weird to see a figure sitting behind the glass wall.

"I'm here." - He called out, eyeing the anarchist as he did so.

"Turn off the camera." - Came the reply.

"I-" - Anarky cut him off.

"Turn off the camera, or we're done here."

Seeing only one option, Damian complied with the crook's demand. He reached up and unhooked the wire attached to the small CTV camera that overlooked the cell. He made sure to make a show of it, knowing if Anarky didn't believe him, he wouldn't talk.

Seemingly satisfied, Anarky pushed up on to his feet, he was still wearing his outfit from earlier, the red puffer with grey hoodie underneath, dark tactical pants, black combat boots, and of course, the semi-transparent plastic halloween mask.

"Now I know we're not being watched... Let's talk Damian."

Thanks for reading Ch.25 of 'Counterparts' I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I needed to take a small break and not worry about getting chapters up. But I'm back! Now I hope you comment, vote, follow me and read Ch.26 -MM