- 28 -

Patient was never a word used to describe Damian Wayne. Headstrong? Yes. Skilled? Yes. Disciplined? Yes. But he wasn't patience... he had gotten better since he'd first joined the Titans, but he was still known to meet a challenge head on and strike first then ask questions.

So when Damian awoke the next morning, the first thing he did was check the facial recognition program, only to see it wasn't finished yet.

"Only 32%?" - He muttered aloud.

Shrugging off the annoyance, the teen grabbed some stretchy clothes that he reserved for training, before waking up the sleeping Titus. Damian liked to take the great dane on walks in the morning to burn some of his energy, otherwise the great dane would be bouncing off the tower's walls for the rest of the day.

Stepping into the elevator, Damian hit the button for the ground-floor. Leaning against the handrails, he began petting Titus' head as the doors shut close.

==========

  An hour or two later, the two returned, Titus was all worn out and peacefully resting in his bed, and Damian was in the training simulator, practicing his skills with his sword, he slashed through nearly 200 simulated criminals before he began to feel the strain on his body.

Once he was finished with that, he retreated back to his room. He again checked the progress on the program's match for Anarky, only to see it had only gone up about 3% since earlier.

Still annoyed, Damian finally hoped into his shower, scrubbing the sweat of his morning off was always a pleasant feeling, after that he got dressed and met the rest of the Titans for Breakfast, where he would half a singular cup of black coffee and maybe a slice or two of toast, he would then sit at the table and talk to his teammates, or more specifically Raven.

The pair would talk, or maybe just sit in silence and enjoy each other's company, it was period of calm for the two teenagers whose lives were full of near-death experiences... but good times don't last forever, and soon they had to return to their other duties. At the moment that meant Damian went back to fixing his gadgets and adjusting his facial-recognition program to lessen the time it took to fin Anarky, while Raven studied one of the grimoire Zatanna had given her after their meeting was cut short yesterday.

The two collected their dishes and placed them into the empty kitchen sink, for someone (Most likely Damian) to clean. On the way out the two passed the sleep-deprived Donna and the alarmingly energetic Garfield, who was spouting something about the newest girl he'd been seeing, both Raven and Damian had to say that it was good to see him moving on after the whole Terra incident last year.

After staying in the kitchen a little while longer than they intended as they listened to Garfield tell them of the fiasco which was his most recent date with a girl named Stacy, Damian and Raven finally left to begin the others tasks they needed to do again.

The two walked side-by-side back to their bedrooms, each taking comfort in the others presence, splitting outside of Raven's room, she entered while he continued down the hall into his room, where he was greeted by the sight of pieces of his Robin uniform scattered on his workbench.

He sighed before cracking his knuckles. - "This is going to take a while."

==========

 Raven smiled as she sat near the edge of the Tower's roof, watching as the sun set on Jump City. It had been a rather uneventful day, not a boring day, especially since she had been given the opportunity to study some of the most extensive magical tomes every written. It was an exceptionally fascinating read.

But the collection she was given was quite large, she'd barely got a 3rd of the way through when her eyes began to grew tired, and she decided to take a break from the reading project and had decided to make a cup of tea and relax on the quiet on the roof compared to the deafening noise that was the tower.

The sound of an engine rumbling drew the powerless teen witch's attention to the bridge connecting Titan's island and Jump. It appeared that Damian was coming back from patrol, normally she would have teleported down to the garage and greeted him as he entered, but since she couldn't do that, she instead would take the elevator down and meet him as he entered his room.

As she rid the elevator down stair, Raven reflected on everything that had been happening lately, the strange absence of her magic was worrying at first, but was now more of a nuisance than anything else, she realised that she wasn't as reliant on her powers as she expected, sure, she had to take break from crime-fighting but since it disappeared, she had some the best nights of sleep she'd ever had, mostly due to the lack of her Father screaming in her ear.

She had mentioned this to Zatanna during their meeting, but she'd said that the crystal that encased him was strong, strong enough to thwart any attempt of escape while she was still powerless.

The more she thought about it, the real worst problem of her losing her abilities was the detriment she was doing to her team... She'd lost count of how many times she'd had had to heal her teammates, let alone Damian.

But they'd adapted like they always did. The team slowly began to change their tactics to minimise injuries and Damian had seemingly got someone else to bandage his wounds.

Raven felt a pang in her chest. Why did that annoy her?

But the elevator doors opened and she didn't have time to examine why or what she was feeling. Instead she got out and headed for Damian's room, she stood outside his door, frozen, words were not forming in her head.

Suddenly his door opened and he came barreling out, all most knocking her over in the process.

"Raven!"

"Damian?" - She questioned, before snapping back to her senses. - "Are you okay?"

Damian smiled proudly. - "I'm fine, better than fine actually!"

"And why's that?"

He held up a folded piece of paper. - "I got Anarky!"

"You got him?"

"I got him."

 Thanks for reading Ch.28 of 'Counterparts' I hope you enjoyed it, I also hope you comment, vote, follow-me (Were 3 of 50!) and read Ch.29 -MM