- 17 -

Raven had been fighting an internal battle for a while, while her Father was never pleasant to have in her head, he seemed to be even more aggravating than usual. 

'Foolish Girl!' - Her Father repeated his favourite insult. - 'You're growing weak!'

"Azarath Metrion Zinthus." - Raven chanted, ignoring her Father's pleas.

Her Father had grown stronger though, it had become harder for her to suppress her Father's insults or his threats. 

Her powers also seemed to be on the fritz; She couldn't heal Damian when he collapsed in the warehouse; and when she tried to revive him, he had had some sort of reaction. She could feel the fury pulsating off him, it was intense, it was blinding, it was... all consuming.

When her Father's voice shrunk from the booming echo rattling in her head, to a whisper who's words she could easily ignore, she stopped meditating, she had been going at it so long her legs had fallen asleep.

Stepping out into the hallway, Raven decided she needed to relax, sure meditation was some what relaxing, but she mostly did that to control her Father, for her relaxing meant a cup of earl grey tea, a novel, and her sitting in the Tower's common room enjoying the peace and quiet that she rarely got in the tower.

She floated down the hallway and into the kitchen, it was a mess: Dishes stacked in the sink and a half eaten pizza on the table, Kori had ordered for the Titans last night, but no one was really in the mood to eat. 

She moved to the stove, deciding against the tea when she smelt the burnt coffee that was in the kettle, Kori had probably made it, thanks to Dick hiding Red-X's return, she had been different, constantly switching between being infuriated or depressed. Even though Dick, Damian and she knew about how Red-X had returned, Kori's anger had been directed solely at Dick.

Which was good, since neither Damian or her needed an angry Tamaranean on their asses.

She hadn't seen Damian for a few days now, which was strange, even if the two were fighting. 

He'd been recuperating at Wayne Manor for the past few days, his injury wasn't too severe, but it was severe enough that he needed emergency surgery from Alfred.

She knew Damian though, and she knew he wouldn't let almost dying keep him down, he would be back soon, training and patrolling like nothing had ever happened. When Damian returned the two definitely needed to talk.

'Daughter!' - Her Father's voice started to regain it's volume, She groaned, knowing she needed to meditate, she teleported to the roof, hoping the cool breeze would relax her.

---------------

 She was right the cool breeze did help relax, her Father's voice once again diminished to a faint utterance, not loud enough to annoy her, or even cause mild discomfort.

It was nice, but Raven wouldn't be alone for much longer, she sensed another presence in the tower, moving from the elevator to the common room to the kitchen to outside her bedroom and back to the elevator.

She waited as the elevator reached the top floor and felt the figure open the roof hatch and climb on out.

"Hey Raven." - His voice echoed across the baron roof, seemingly drawing her away from her meditation, that she was supposed to be doing.

"Hello Damian." - She acknowledged, while not turning around.

There was a moment of silence as Damian crossed the room, taking a seat beside Raven on the edge of the roof.