- 8 -

Damian dodged another one of the tank's shot, letting it cascade under him and detonate against a car, as he grappled up on to the rooftops. He watched as two cars pulled up behind the tank and a bunch more of Whale's men spilled out. Some separated from the main group and surrounded Black-Mask's men he had dealt with, while the rest invaded a store on the other side of the street.

The tank shot another round, which dug through the building Damian was standing on, collapsing it. Damian leaped off of the rubble and onto a non destroyed building. He tossed a few Batarangs at the tank, which hit and rebounded off and clattered to the ground, exploding but not damaging the tank.

Damian cursed under his breath, and called Donna. - "Wonder-Girl, I need help. Converge on my coordinates." - Turning off his communicator, he watched over the men who were leaving a store with a little girl, she couldn't been more than 10.

Donna landed behind him. - "Damian, are you ok?" 

"I'm Fine. I need you to deal with that." - He gestured to the Tank in the road.

Donna sized the tank up before responding, confidently. - "Sure, I've been wanting to test out my powers. You know i've been traini -"

"Don't care." - Damian cut off her ramblings. - "I need you to deal with it... NOW."

The two leaped off the roof, Damian dealt with the gunmen while Donna attacked the tank, though exploding Batarangs did nothing, Donna's punches alone where enough to dent the Tank's armour. Even though they had the element of surprise, Donna and Damian where still outnumbered. It didn't take long for Damian to get swarmed and the tank to shoot Donna, which didn't really hurt her, but did send her soaring a few feet back.

Damian grappled back up onto the rooftops, Donna flew up, following him.

"What now?" - Donna asked, wheezing.

"We have to deal with the tank." - Damian started, watching as half the gunmen and the girl packed into the car's and drove off. Leaving the Tank and the other half of the men, who were currently ripping up the street.

"How?" 

Damian hesitated before coming up with a second plan. - "You distract the tank and I'll deal with the driver." - Donna followed Damian's plan and leaped off the building again, dodging each of his shots and keeping it distracted. 

Damian jumped down onto the back of the tank, using the edge of one of his Batarangs to pierce the lock of the hatch, he leapt inside and took out the driver before sticking an exploding Batarang into the control panel and leaping out, to face the gunmen. Letting the tank explode behind him.

---------------

Donna and Damian arrived at the Tower an hour later, after dealing with the remaining gunmen , the two helped EMT's and Firefighters rescue civilians who were trapped in the rubble of the building, no one was seriously hurt though, which was a good thing, as well as the gangsters that they put away.

Damian went to visit Raven in the Infirmary, while Donna lived up to her word and went to her room to take a nap. He entered the room, only to see an unconscious Raven lying in a bed, covered in bandages, and Jaime sitting in the chair beside her, staring at his phone.

Jaime spoke first. - "Damian, you ok?"

That was about the tenth time, someone had asked him that. - "Fine. How is she."

Jaime yawned. - "Dick says she's stable." 

"You seem tired. Go, I'll keep an eye on Raven."

"No, I'm o-" 

"Go. Now." - Damian cut him off. Jaime nodded and left, leaving Damian alone with the pale witch. He gently took her hand, rubbing her palm with his thumb. Even though he had always had trouble connecting with people, Raven was the exception, so he wanted her to feel better. His Mother use to do this for him, when he was little. He remembered it was soothing. Raven needed something soothing.

He didn't know how long he had been there, all he knew, was when the Garfield him snapped from his trance, it was dark outside. - "What?"

"Kori called a meeting... We should wake up Raven." - Damian caught his hand before it reached Raven's shoulder.

"Let her sleep. She needs rest."

"Okay, okay, but you're still gotta come."

Damian mumbled a response and followed Garfield to the control room, every member of the Titans were there, excluding Raven of course. Everyone was tired and beat up, covered in cuts and scratches.

"This crime wave is getting out of hand, in the past 24-hours: five people have died, three police officers and two civilians. As well as two building have been demolished. Our efforts hasn't done much to stop this gang war." - Kori announced.

 Dick spoke up next - "The way we have been dealing with things, haven't been working. We have to end this gang war fast, so we go after the big fish. Whale and Sionis are our new targets, we deal with the bosses, then their empire's fall... Unfortunately, all leads for either of them have ended up leading nowhere."

"What about the girl who was kidnapped?" - Jaime asked.

"No clue, we haven't found any of her records."

Donna groaned. - "So we're back to square one." 

"Yeah. Until we find a new lead, we continue on the path we're on."

"I have an idea." 

"What is it, Damian?"

"Some guy I know, He-"

Garfield laughed. - "Wait, You have a friend?" - Damian grabbed his arm and bent his wrist backwards. Leaving Garfield squealing in pain. - "AHHHHH, I'm sorry, AHHHH!"

"Anyway," - Damian continued. - "he's a reliable informant, and has helped me with cases in the past."

"So we should go see him." 

Damian released Garfield's wrist. - "No, He's not that found of heroes. I'll go alone."

Kori and Dick nodded, while the rest of the team looked at him like he was crazy.

Damian retreated back to his room, and swapped from his Robin uniform to a more casual outfit, consisting of mostly dark themed clothing, deciding to not bring his sword, and only bring a dagger for protection. Damian headed to the tower's garage, stopping when he noticed, Raven trying to leave the infirmary.

Her legs gave up on her, and Damian had to catch her. - "What are you doing?"

"The team needs my help."

"You can't help anyone, when you're injured."

She noticed his strange attire. - "What are you wearing. Where are you, you going." - She stuttered.

Damian lead her back to the infirmary bed. - "I'm meeting an informant." 

"Is it safe?"

Damian answered honestly. - "With this guy... I honestly don't know."

"I'm coming with you." - Raven sat up in bed, wincing as she did.

Damian gave her some meds. - "You need rest." 

"And you need help." - Raven slowly fell unconscious, Damian gently let her fall back to the bed.

"I'll be fine." - Damian whispered, leaving Raven alone. He waited for a few minutes, until he knew she was asleep. He then left the infirmary and headed to the garage. Getting on his motorcycle, Damian zoomed out of the tower and headed to the city to meet his informant.

Thank you for reading Ch.8 of 'Counterparts', hope to see you comment, vote and read Ch.9 -MM