- 18 -

It was 6am in Jump City, and 6am to Damian Wayne that meant one thing, time to get up. It was sort of nice to sleep in for the past few days, but it had quickly become mind-numbingly boring, and he knew the longer he strayed from routine, the harder it would be to get back on it.

Pushing the silk sheets off his bandaged body, Damian ignored how tired his body was, and got out of bed. Like a robot following his programming, he walked passed his dog, Titus, who was sleeping peacefully, and into his en suite bathroom. In an effort to wake his body up, Damian set the shower to the coldest temperature possible.

He stripped off his red flannel pyjama bottoms, and unwrapped the bandages that were situated around his abdomen, checking the state of his injuries before stepping into the freezing water, where he was instantly felt the effects of his shower.

After his shower, Damian got on with his morning routine. He opened up the stainless steel mirror cabinet, and pulled out what he needed. After brushing his teeth, Damian got dressed in comfy, stretchy clothes, he used for training, and got to work.

While his injuries prevented his usual limit-pushing exercises, Damian was still able to do simpler exercises such as stretching and sword practice. He walked through the hallways, with a towel tossed over his shoulder, and his hair damp and not gelled, hoping to get to the training room before Donna got there and accidentally destroyed the holographic simulator.

Arriving in the Kitchen, Damian grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, and was about to leave for the training room, when he noticed the smell of Earl Grey tea wafting through the air, intrigued, Damian followed the smell into the common room, where Raven was unknowing to his presence.

He wondered what the Half-Demon was doing, but when the tea trail led him out off the common room, into a hallway, and right outside Kori's door, (Where he could hear excessive crying from the other side) his interest died. 

He thought about knocking and seeing what was wrong, but decided against it, knowing he wouldn't be a help, he wasn't that in tune with other peoples emotions. He was barely in tune with his own. Instead, Damian carried on with his intended task, getting a bit of training done.

--------------

 After spending his morning training until Raven had forced him to stop; Damian had spent his lunch eating and talking with said girl. 

The bulk of their conversation had mostly been about what she and Kori were talking about earlier, which could be boiled down to her ranting about Dick and his decision to not tell her about Red-X's return. Raven detailed retelling showed Kori was actually quite split on the topic: She could see how it was sweet of him, not wanting to protect her, but she was also quite furious with him for thinking how she needed protecting.

Soon Raven had retreated back to her room, claiming she was exhausted and needed a nap, Damian didn't push her on this, knowing how draining it was for her to experience others emotions.

After finishing his lunch, he'd gotten on with the rest of his goals for the day, which included taken Titus for some exercise in the local park and completing the upgrade he had started on his armour. the one which he'd just finished.

Now he was just feeling bored, back while he was staying in the mountains he always had something to do. He could explore the vast grounds of the Al-Ghul estate, or browse the expansive library his family owned, or train until his body broke.

Here, he already explored every nook and cranny here, read every book in the smallish library, and he couldn't train any further... so what now?

He could visit Jump Museum, they did have a limited time exhibit on ancient weaponry from around the world, including some from his own homeland that was lost to time.

 He stood up from his workbench, thinking about taking a walk into town when a dull ache engulfed his body, he sucked in a breath and waited for the pain to subside, it took a few minutes, but when it was gone, Damian finally thought of something to do.

--------------

 Knock-Knock-Knock

The metal door's spy-hole slid open, revealing two narrowed blue eyes. -  "We're closed." - The man gruff voice echoed into the alley. - "Come back later."

"I'm looking for Dr. Thompkins." - Damian spoke before the guy could shut the spy-hole.

"Oh, the Doc's at her clinic."

'Clinic?'  - Damian thought. - 'If she had a clinic then why was she working for White.'

"Uh... where's the clinic?"

The guy huffed. - "Go down the street and take a left. You'll find it there." 

"Than-" - The guy shut the spy-hole before he could finish expressing his gratitude.

--------------

 Following the guy's instructions, Damian walked down the street and took the left, placing him right outside a row of terraced brick houses, it took a few moments, but Damian eventually saw the small metallic sign hanging over a certain door, 

Thompskin Free Health Clinic.

The door was propped open by a can of paint, so Damian stepped inside.

"Hello!," - Damian called into the empty waiting room. - "Anyone here?"

"One second." - Dr Thompkins replied, shouting from behind a door labelled: Examination room.

Damian took a seat in one of the large waiting room seats, sitting with his arms folded over his chest. 5 minutes passed, then another 5, and another 5. After 15 minutes, of sitting alone and skimming through magazines, Dr Thompkins opened the door.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." - She apologised, looking up from the clipboard she was writing on.

"It wasn't a problem." - Damian commented smoothing out the wrinkles in his clothes.

"Oh it's you." - Dr. Thompkins remarked, recognising his voice.

"Surprised?"

"Usually, when I ask a patient to return they say they will, then I never see them again."

"Well I always keep my promises."

"That's good to know," - She smiled, stepping aside allowing him inside the examination room.

--------------

"Well it seems after a few more days of rest, you'll be fully healed." - Dr. Thompkins commented, flipping through her notes on the teen's injuries. While Damian got up from the examination table.

"Good to know." - He expressed, slipping his shirt back on.

"Well I-" - Suddenly Damian's watch phone vibrated 3 consecutive times, cutting Dr. Thompkins off. - "I'll let you get that."

When she left the room, Damian checked his phone, out of the 3 texts he'd gotten, 2 were from Garfield and 1 was from the Crime-Scanner he'd set up, one that would send a text to his phone the moment the authorities were alerted.

Beast-Boy: DUDE EMERGENCY

Beast-Boy: AT CALLAGHAN INDUSTRIES

Emergency-Scanner: ALERT! ALERT! ANARKY SPOTTED AT CALLAGHAN INDUSTRIES.

Rushing out Thompkin's Clinic, Damian sprinted down an alley, shooting a text to Raven.

Damian: Need Teleport back to the Tower.

As the ink coloured portal appeared in the alley, Damian leapt through with only one thought on his mind. 

Capture Anarky.

 Thanks for reading Ch.18 of 'Counterparts', I am sorry the update took so lons, school just restarted, and I'm having trouble writing my stories as well as studying and doing homework. Anyway, I hope you comment, vote, follow me and Read Ch.19 - MM