- 5 -

'Landon Pharmaceuticals was a weird place to be sent to rob.' - Thought most of the goons that spilled out of the elevator they had taken to the 23rd floor and into a large storage room filled with boxes and crates.

They were use to robbing banks and jewellery stores back in Gotham, but here they were robbing some lab in Jump- City, not that they were complaining, at least here you didn't have to deal with the Bat. It was an easy job.

After 15 minutes, the thugs had noticed their 30-or-so guys had turned into 11.

Up in the light fixtures, sat the Titans along with some of the missing crooks who were unconscious and strung up by they're ankles.

"This is boring. They're just some dumb thugs, why don't we just take them all out quickly?" - Garfield asked, transforming into a monkey and swigging between the lights.

"Because if we do something drastic , we could cause something to explode." - Kori explained.

"Or worse." Added Raven ominously.

"Worse?"

"With the stuff this company has access to... Imagine a supervirus."

Damian stated at one of the thugs he strung up. - "Why does this look so familiar." -  He mumbled, pulling the guys mask off and staring at it.

"The thieves have noticed their missing friends, they're grouping together." - Kori analysed.

"Wait there's someone else." - Dick announced over their comms.

"Where?"

"The floor above you."

"How many?"

"Just one."

"Beast-Boy, you deal with them. Go through the vents."

Damian knew something wasn't right, why would one of them split from the rest?

He pulled up the buildings floor plan on his gauntlet, the floor above them was an office, weren't these guys here to steal tech? He pulled up the CCTV footage, the guy was wearing a red hoodie, the rest of thugs were wearing black suits. Something wasn't adding up.

He turned to the Teams leader. "Something's not right, Beast-Boy is in danger."

"Follow him." Kori ordered him, having learned over the past few years that no matter how high maintaince Damian was, his observation were rarely wrong.

Damian grappled to the vents, moving quickly and quietly through them, he arrived at the floor above him without alerting anyone of his position, including Garfield who was startled at his sudden appearance, Damian had to clamp a hand over his mouth to stop him alerting the mysterious intruder.

"What are you doing here?"

"This guy isn't with the others, he might be dangerous."

Garfield ignored the warning - "Pshh! Danger is my middle name." - He turned to a cheetah and sprinted through the desolate hallways.

Damian followed closely behind, trying to keep the Morpher from causing serious damage to him or something else.

The two came to a stop in a hallway with large glass window that allowed a fantastic view of cities skyline, on the opposite side of the hallway stood the intruder who was wearing a creepy semi-transparent Halloween mask.

"Nice outfit, but the dumb costume contest is that way." - Garfield quipped while Damian rolled his eyes.

"Big talk for someone with green skin." - The figure countered.

Garfield went red. - "Uh, well... Uh..."

Damian stepped up to help his somewhat friend. - "You're under arrest."

"You should leave, this won't end well." - The figure warned.

"WELL YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE INSULTED ME THEN!" - Garfield shouted, turning into a hawk and flying at him.

"I warned you." The figure said as he raised his arm sending electricity out from his fist and shocking Garfield so hard he turned back into his human form.

Damian drew his sword on the aggressor as Garfield stumbled to his feet.

"I don't want to do this!" The figure called across the hallway.

The two Titans ignored his warning and charged at him while he took a fighting stance. Unloading more electricity against them which Damian narrowly avoided while Garfield just ignored the pain.

The fighting ended when Damian landed a well placed kick to the intruders chest sending him spiralling him backwards and landing on his front with a thud.

The intruder flipped onto his back, still conscious and staring at the heroes.

"Stay down, if you know what's good for you."

Garfield chimed in. - "Yeah, you lost."

The intruder chuckled. - "Not in a million years." - He lifted his wrist and the two prepared for electricity, instead, he emmited a blast that sent them flying, all while shattering all the windows on the floor and shaking the building to its very foundation.

Damian landed hard and was struggling to stay conscious, only able to watch the figure pull out a can of spray paint and tag the wall before his world turned black.

Thanks for reading Ch.5 of Counterparts, hope to see you in Ch. 6 -MM