- 23 -

*SCHOOL'S OUT FOR... Christmas. Yep so that means more updates more regularly. Hopefully. So... on to the Chapter!*

 Sitting cross-legged on the Mall's roof, Damian replayed what the thug had said when he had interrogated him, it had started off uninteresting to Damian until the crook had said something about 'Getting tech for Anarky' and that immediately peeked his interest. After a few more threats of physical violence the thug gave up the location.

He had texted the rest of the Titans soon after he obtained the information and waited for their arrival, after about 10 minutes of waiting he pulled out his phone to check if he had texted them to meet him on the roof. 

The second he moved to turn off his phone, a message came through.

Kori: We have a problem.

Suppressing his feelings of worry and fear, Damian texted the team leader back.

Damian: What?

A few minutes passed.

Kori: Raven's powers have completely stopped working.

Kori: She can't teleport, fly anything.

Damian was conflicted, on one hand he wanted to help Raven and to know what was wrong with her... but on the other hand he knows if Anarky finds out that his thugs have been captured, he would disappear and the Titans would lose their chance to get him. And in turn, lose their chance to get Red-X. An by reading the next message in the chat, he knew he wasn't the only one.

Jaime: Well what do we do? We can't just let Anarky go free

Garfield: YEAH I'M NOT JUST GONNA LET HIM GO

Kori: Well we can't just leave Raven alone.

Donna: Well why not? She can take care of herself

Kori: We don't know what's affecting her, she could be in danger.

Damian read the message over and over, continuously analysing the statement until he was sure of the underlying intention of the message. Kori wasn't afraid of Raven hurting herself, she was afraid of Raven endangering others. And as much as Damian hated to admit it, a small part of him agreed with her.

The chat had went quiet with all the Titans digesting the info that had just been, it was unclear if all the of the team knew the true meaning of Kori's message, but none of them said anything if they did. Finally someone replied.

Dick: I may have an idea

Dick: I know someone who dabbles in the dark arts, they might be able to help Raven

Raven: Can you message them?

This time Damian didn't need to read the message multiple times to discover the hidden meaning behind it, he knew instantly what it meant. Raven was scared.

Dick: I can, but we have to go back to the Tower first.

Jaime: But what about Anarky

Kori: Raven and Dick will meet with his contact, while the rest of us go after Anarky.

Kori: Titans GO!

----------------

 Dick and Raven drove back in Kori's minivan while the rest of their team dealt with their hacktivist enemy. Dick had tried engaging the younger hero with jokes and topic he'd thought would interest her, but Raven stayed quiet, too worried about what was happening to her.

Once they arrived at the Tower, Dick ushered Raven up to the communication room, and told her to wait a few minutes while he set everything up. Once he was finished furiously typing away on the main computer, Dick spoke.

"Ok, she says we go outside and we'll meet her there."

Raven just nodded meekly and followed him into the elevator and onto the Tower's grounds, where the two stood and waited for Dick's mystery person to appear. With each passing minute, Raven's hope dwindled, wondering why no one had appeared yet, that was until, the sun that was blocked out, enveloping the two in a shadow and sending shivers up her spine.

Raven looked up to see not a person, but a house floating above them.

----------------

 Across the City, the rest of the Titans had arrived at where the thug had said Anarky was hiding out at, Jump's waste management facility.

"When you said waste management facility, this is not what i'd expected." - Garfield joked, as he perched on a rooftop across from the building along with Damian, who was examining the building using a pair of binoculars.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I thought there would be like... electric fences, rust, security cameras..." - He listed off. - "Not that." - He pointed to the building across the street, which looked like it was the most modern building in the City. With slanted silver walls, and an odd shape that just screamed modern building.

Kori's voice rang through the comms. - "Robin we just finished reconnaissance, something seems off here."

"Yeah this doesn't seem like a super-villain hideout." - Jaime commented. - "Are you sure that the guy was telling the truth."

"He was... I know he was. Anarky is here."

"If you're sure Robin, we'll investigate further." - Kori responded after a moment of silence.

The comms when silent as the two teenagers made there way over to the building, Damian grappled across the street and Garfield shifted into a bird and flew across the gap. 

Regrouping on the facility's roof, the Titans entered through the skylight, and dropped into a sort of storage room, it was full of large cardboard boxes, with the Callaghan industries logo printed on them.

"Callaghan industries?" - Damian though aloud, as he investigated the boxes, or more specifically the contents of the box. Rifling through a few of the boxes, Damian clicked his tongue in annoyance when he saw there was only packing peanuts and bubble rap in them.

"Hey guys over here!" - Donna's whisper-shouted to her teammates, as she crouched beside a pair of slightly opened double doors.

The rest of the Titans piled in behind her, as she stared through the gap between the two doors.

"What is it?" - Kori asked, moving slightly closer towards the doors.

"I see Anarky." - Damian smirked. - "He's ordering around a bunch of thugs, carrying boxes."

"Well Robin, it seems you were right." - Damian smirk grew, at Kori's admittance. - "So Titan's, how about we crash this party?"

Thanks for reading Ch.23 of 'Counterparts', I hope you comment, vote, follow me and read Ch.24 - MM