- 19 -

*We hit 4k reads, 125 votes, and got to #3 in Damirae!*

 The portal Damian had leapt into in the Narrows, had spat him out into Titan's Tower command room, were Raven was standing, waiting for him.

"Did Garfield text you too?" - She asked, following him as he moved out of the room and into the hallway.

"Yeah." - He responded curtly, stepping into his room before beginning to strip. He got down to his boxers before noticing Raven standing in his doorway.

"Um..." - Both of their faces were bright red, moments passed before Raven snapped to her senses and stepped out, closing the door. Damian shrugged off the warm feeling in his chest and instead slipped in to his Robin uniform.

Opening his door, Damian spotted Raven standing across the hall, with her head down and hood up, covering her face, and the aura she was projecting was dense and strong, was she blocking him out?

"Raven-" - The teen began, but was cut off by Kori voice in their comms.

"Damian, Raven where are you two?" 

Damian let out a frustrated sigh before answering. - "We're on our way. - He said, before motioning for Raven to open up a portal.

---------------

 Damian and Raven exited the portal about a block away from Callaghan Industries and subsequently a block away from Anarky and the other Titans.

"Uhhhh!" - Raven groaned in frustration. - "What's wrong with me."

Damian placed a hand on her shoulder and stared her in the eyes. - "Nothing's wrong with you Raven," - He said earnestly, making Raven feel all warm and tingly.

She turned so he couldn't see her bright red face. - "Come on, the others need us."

Damian nodded and dropped his hand from her shoulder. The two began their journey down the block, keeping their eyes on the large Callaghan building as they ran.

When the pair finally arrived at their destination, they saw something they didn't expects. People. Normally, when the Titans battled a villain, the streets were vacated, abandoned, void of any life apart from theirs and the criminal they were fighting.

"What's going on?" - Damian asked the missing members of his team.

"It's Anarky." - Kori answered, sounding in better spirits than she normally did. - "He's taken over the building."

"Why?" - Raven asked. - "And what's with all these people?"

"We don't know. But if Anarky does as much damage as last time, these people are in danger." - The Tamaranean assessed. - "Can you two handle crowd control?

The two shared a glance before simultaneously nodding. 

"We've got it!"

BOOM!

A sound-wave rattled the area, radiating out from the Callaghan building, shattering every window in the area, apart from the ones on the building it came from. It knocked most of the civilians to the ground as well, bit it only managed to stagger Damian and Raven.

Damian recovered first, his ears still ringing. - "We got to get these people out of here!" - He shouted, before charging at the collapsed crowd, with Raven following not to far behind. 

The two followed the lessons on helping civilians/crowd control that Kori had taught them. And in a span of about 5-minutes the pair had managed to get all of the spectators behind a line of police who had just shown up.

With everyone safe behind police tape, the pair finally had a chance to contact the rest of their teammates. 

"Are you guys okay?" - Raven asked, wanting to know if her friends were still alive after the explosion.

"We're fine!" - Came the shaky reply from Jaime. - "Though Beast-Boy did got shocked again."

"I hate this guy!" - Garfield growled.

"What was that shock-wave?"

"We accidentally triggered some sort of device," - Kori answered. - "I think it was some sort of- WONDER-GIRL WATCH OUT!" - She shouted.

Suddenly, a window on what Damian presumed was the 32nd floor exploded, sending a ton of glass shards raining on the civilians.

"AZARATH METRION ZINTHOS!" - Raven chanted, summoning a bubble to shield the defenceless civilians, and in turn catch the broken glass. While the bubble wasn't as strong as she wanted, she was just happy it formed at all.

"LOOK!" - A civilian pointed at the broken window, or more specifically the red and black drone that flew out of it.

"Is that Anarky?" - Damian questioned, spotting a similarly coloured figure riding on it like some high-tech glider.

"It can't be." - Raven answered, still concentrating on not letting the bubble fall.

"Only one way to find out." - Damian commented, before charging out of the bubble and following the fleeing drone down the street.

---------------

 Anarky was fast, but not fast enough to shake Damian, who had followed him a few blocks away from Callaghan Industries, and was not letting up.

"Aren't you getting tired of this?" - Anarky asked, his drone hovering in one spot, watching as Damian followed him by leaping between rooftops.

"I'm not giving up, till you're in custody." - Damian retorted, leaping across the street on to the roof Anarky was hovering over.

Anarky growled in annoyance. - "You're getting in the way of justice!" 

"Justice? You almost killed a crowd of civilians!" - Damian tossed a Batarang which Anarky narrowly avoided.

"That was an accident! - Callaghan Industires making sonic bombs for terrorists, that was on purpose."

"If you believe in justice this strongly why don't you become a superhero? Join the Titans, help keep Jump safe." - Damian let down his guard and recited a speech Dick had made to a teenage super-villain once.

"I've done more than a hero could ever have!" - Anarky shouted, before trying to strike Damian down with electricity from his gauntlet.

Damian backflipped to avoid the electricity, having already had his fill thanks to Electrocutioner. He landed on his hands and propelled himself back on to his feet, regaining his balance, Damian noticed how Anarky had tried to flee while he was distracted. - "STOP!" - He shouted, throwing another Batarang at the anarchist which lodged itself in his drone, causing it crash into the rooftop and send Anarky flying.

"You're under arrest Anarky." - Damian stated, watching the red-clad criminal slowly get up.

"Sorry but he's got prior arrangements." - A familiar voice commented.

"Nightwing?" - Damian asked, turning to see not Nightwing but a  figure dressed in military garbs covered in a dark cloak, they also wore a skull mask, with a recognizabale red mark stretching over it. - "Red-X."

"Yep." - He cracked a smoke pellet in his hand, covering the rooftop in red smoke, and obscuring Damian's view of the two criminals.

Once the smoke cleared, Damian stood alone, the other two had vanished.

 Thanks for reading Ch.19 of 'Counterparts', I'm sorry for the late upload, I've been busy with school. Anyway, I hope you comment, vote, follow me, and read Ch.20 -MM