- 6 -

When Damian regained consciousness, his body was basically fried... His vision was blurry, ears were ringing and he stumbled when he tried to walk. The hallway he was in didn't fair well against the blast either, the windows had shattered and the few plants present in the hallway, pots had smashed leaving trails of dirt. He tried to communicate with his teammates, he found his comm missing from his ear. Must have been knocked out by the blast. He thought to himself.

After the effects had worn off, he pulled himself to his feet and set off to find Garfield. Though he got into multiple fights with the shapeshifter, he still considered him a friend. 

Slowly shuffling the end of the hallway he found a wall had been broken by something... finding Garfield unconscious on top of a pile of rubble, concluding that he was have been hit by the blast and sent flying through the wall. Scanning him to check if he was okay, Damian was relived when the results showed no serious damage had been done, he then plucked his communication from his ear and contacted the rest of his team.

"Anybody there." - Damian asked, hoping that Garfield's comms weren't damaged in the blast. 

"Robin..." - It was Starfire who answered. - "Good to here from you, I just sent Beetle check on you. Do you know if Beast-Boy is okay? Were having trouble communicating to him"

"Yeah he is fine, he'll just have a headache, when he wakes up."

"When he wakes up? Wait a second, were coming to you." - A dark bubble emitted from the centre of the room, getting bigger and bigger by the second before cracking, revealing all of his teammates apart from Garfield who was unconscious and Jaime who burst through the doors a second after, Wonder-Girl and Beetle moved to Garfield while Raven and Starfire went to him.

"We were attacked." 

"By..." - Starfire probed for more information on their assailant.

"No idea. I don't think he was with the rest of the thieves." - Damian summarised.

"Why do you think that?" - Raven asked.

"Because of this." - He handed her the mask he snatched off one of the thugs.

"What does this explain?"

"These masks belong to Roman Sionis' men." - He said as if that explained everything

Starfire interrupted him. - "Stop with vague details. Explain everything."

"Roman Sionis AKA Black-Mask..." - He said bringing up a mugshot of the man. - "Big shot crime-Lord based out of Gotham. Most of his money is made through selling weapons to criminals."

"His men were looking for Bio weapons." - Starfire, again filling in the blanks.

"This is bad." - Raven mentioned, Damian noticed something strange and left the room.

"Its not even the half of it..." - Dick jumped into the conversation. - "Jump City is Tobias Whale's turf and Whale and Sionis have a long standing feud... we have a gang war brewing."

"What about the other person, do you think he worked for Whale?" - Kori asked.

"Unlikely." - Damian re-entered the room, motioning for the rest to follow him. They followed him to a nicely decorated office with carpet flooring and oak walls, compared to the rest of the floors bland walls and linoleum floors, the room already looked out of place, even without the big spray-painted A on the wall. 

"I'm guessing this isn't a gang symbol." - Donna joked.

Damian moved to the dest and messed with the opened laptop present, hoping to see what the person was exactly after. But the moment the he hit the power-button the laptop crackled and died. - "He fried it." Damian sneered, slamming his fist on the desk.

"Well where do we go form here?" - Raven inquired.

"I think I recognise the symbol... Have the Sionis' men been dealt with.

"Restrained and the police have been called." - Donna smirked.

"Then we can get back to the Tower, so I can investigate the symbol." - Damian commanded

"Let's go then." - Raven teleported them back to the Tower, where Damian swiftly made his way to his room and locked the door."

The rest of the Titans had congregated in the medbay where Garfield had awoke, almost instantly complaining of his headache, until he was given pain-killers to dull the pain.

"He had superpowers. He... he could control thunder and lightning!" - Garfield rambled.

The medbay door slid open, revealing Damian clutching a tablet. - "He's not Meta."

"How do you know." - Garfield slurred, before he fell unconscious again, the pain-killers knocking him out.

"So you're saying you know who he is."

"Kind of..."

"What do you mean?"

"The guy we fought is called Anarchy, he's a hacktivist and conspiracy theorist." - Damian brought up a picture of the masked man on his tablet. - "The A's his calling card."

"What does he like believe the Government is run by lizards." - Jaime smirked.

"He actually investigates and proves Government cover-ups, crime rings and illegal business practices, He's sort of a vigilante, He's even got a website and a dedicated following."

"Oh, seems like you're a fan."

"More like professional courtesy Grayson."

"So how do we find this Anarchy guy?"

"We don't."

"What do you mean?"

"Anarchy is untraceable, He's got numerous bounties on his head, but no one has been able to find him."

"Well what about finding him through the website?"

"That's the problem, Anarchy is suspected to have an incredibly high IQ, he's also a mechanical genius, thats how I knew he wasn't a Meta, he's using some weird gadgets that allowed him to manipulate electricity and create shockwaves." - Damian reported, tapping away at his tablet.

"So what do we do now?"

"We figure out what Anarchy wanted... Then we work from there."

"Okay, Titans go rest up and I'll start on dinner." - All the titans headed out of the medbay except for Damian, Dick and Raven.

"Three problems to deal with... Red-X, Black-Mask and Anarchy."

"Four if you count Kori's cooking." - Dick joked.

"Did you lead, reveal anything."

"Nope, just another dead end."

"That's a shame." - Raven remarked.

"Yep... Well I've got to make sure Kori doesn't burn the Tower down." - The previous Robin, left the room. Leaving Raven and Damian alone.

"I don't like this Damian, even though Dick seemed fine, his aura came off as worried." - The empath explained.

"I'm worried two." - Raven was shocked at this, Damian conveyed a lot of emotion Rage, Love, Surprise... but he was never worried. - "I sense things are going to get a lot worse before they begin to get better."

Thanks for reading Ch.6 of 'Counterparts', I'm having a lot of fun writing and I hope you are enjoying it, I want to hear your comments on what you think of this. e.g do you like or not, what aspects do you like, what do you hate, do you need something explained more thoroughly (Backstories or something). Anyway, hope to see you in Ch.7 -MM