10

WARNING: There's a lot of POV switches here, sorry about that.

Chapter 10

Death

*West's POV*

Three weeks later~

The house smelled awful, like something had crawled in the basement and just died there.

I decided-when I couldn't handle the stench any longer-to go down and investigate. So I put on a mask, some gloves and a hat and made my way to where the smell was coming from.

Even through the mask the smell of death came into my nose. I continued on my journey and at the end there was a raccoon with a bullet wound. Dead.

Tears wound up in my eyes, who could do such a thing?

I crouched down towards it and picked it up.

I really hope that it's death wasn't painful.

******

After burying it in the backyard I cleaned up the remaining blood that was underneath our house.

There was no trail of blood from where the racoon could walk in so someone had to throw it in but who?

There was a nagging suspicion in my mind but I ignored it. It couldn't be who I thought it was, it just couldn't.

I sprayed air freshener all around the house to get rid of the remaining smell.

******

*Geronimo's POV*

A man came up to me said that we needed to talk about West. Immediately I knew what was up.

Whoever this man was, he knew that there was truth behind the rumors.

He knew that West was being abused in his own house.

I didn't know how he knew but he knew and that's all that matters.

"First off, what's your name?" I asked the mystery man.

"Bish, but that doesn't matter. What's important is West. We need to find out a way to get West out of that house."

I nodded along as he spoke. That was the beginning of our alliance.

The start of the plan that would change everything and everyone.

****

*West's POV*

*One week later*

Greg was out with his friends and I was home alone.

To be honest I don't know where they went but I guess it wasn't any of my business.

Or at least that's what Greg said.

I went to bed fairly early, not needing to do any chores until the morning when Greg would walk through the door.

I slept really well, but in the middle of the night I was awoken by a searing pain in my heart.

I felt like I couldn't breath.

Gasps and screams came out of my mouth as the pain continued.

Mate is cheating! Mate is making love to someone new!

Tears filled my eyes at North's words. Greg didn't want me anymore.

I wondered if whoever he's sleeping with is prettier, if they're smarter. If they're actually worth something.

It was then that something inside of me broke.

I didn't want to be that worthless wolf any longer.

I don't want to be some worthless rag that Greg throws away when he's done using it.

North nodded his head in my mind and I knew that he agreed.

The pain in my heart faded.

I, then knew what I had to do.

[Not Edited]