13

Chapter 13

Peace and Quiet

*West's POV*

Present time

Greg didn't come home for another day.

I had to admit it was a lot more peaceful and calm.

Somewhere in my heart my heart wanted love, not Greg's poor excuse of affection but actual love.

The kind that you see in books and movies. The kind that makes your heart flutter with happiness, the kind that makes you want to smile and god knows that I haven't wanted to smile is such a long time.

I've been having dreams, dreams where I've been happy with another man. A man that I've never seen before but North yips in happiness and my heart flutters in the most perfect way when I see him.

When he smiles it just makes me feel like a flower that just bloomed.

Like a newborn baby, it finally got a breathful of oxygen.

Like a child that laughed for the first time.

Like a teenager that was so happy that their parents were proud with their life choices.

Like an adult that just got their dream job.

Experiences that I never had but when he smiled it made it seem like I had.

Nothing else matters except him.

No one else mattered.

He made me want to fly, to feel the wind blowing on my face with him holding my hands.

But when I wake up, I'd realize that it was a dream and reality would settle in. That I wasn't truly happy.

It was like that one quote from One Direction "Reality ruined my life"

I closed my eyes searching my memories for that man but shock hit me as I saw a beautiful woman on top of him, kissing his neck then his jaw and lastly his lips.

I watched with teary eyes as he smiled against her lips.

For some reason, that hurt more than any hit that Greg ever gave me, it hurt me for me to watch a mystery man kiss a woman that it hurt to know that Greg cheated.

I fell to the ground clutching my chest as I wished for the vision to pass away but my surroundings didn't change.

I closed my eyes tightly as I heard the beautiful woman moan loudly.

"NOOOOO!!!"

I don't know what compelled me to open my eyes but I did and there stood the mystery man, naked as he stared in my direction.

Eyes wide.

Mouth open almost is awe

and words that came out of both our mouths.

Mate!

Just like that I was back in my room, eyes clenched, hands on my heart and my mind blown.

A variety of thoughts mixed in my mind but one stuck with me.

Greg wasn't my mate and he never was.

I don't know if you guys saw my update but my friend came out to me as lesbian and well if you could, can you guys type out some words of encouragement out in the comments? 

Thanks ❤💖