16

Chapter 16

Memories

*Third person*

Long ago there was a baby boy born, West the mother called him.

Although she only got to see him for a few minutes, she could tell that he was her pride and joy.

So when the mother of the crying baby closed her eyes, she uttered the words, "I hope you'll live a long happy life."

Then she was gone, just like that.

The father of the boy saw him as the last thing his wife left him, he cherished him. He loved him, for why would he hate the last thing the love of his life gave him.

But as the child grew, he could think that he wasn't perfect. He didn't deserve to be his wife's prize possession.

"You could clean better, your mother wouldn't have liked that!"

"What is this? This isn't how your mother made it!"

Criticism was inflicted on the small child. He didn't know who his mother was, how could he be like her. Yet he still tried, tried and failed.

How could he make his father happy when his father craved perfection and West was far from perfect.

So when the son told his father that he liked boys. It was the final turning point.

"Such a disappointment" He had spat in his face.

West only sixteen ran away, for he could not handle his sort of mental abuse.

There at a mall he met his so-called mate.

"I'll finally be loved!"

But that was only the start of a different type of abuse.

After all he was the abused wolf.

*West's POV*

I continued to explain what happened with my dreams. That I had found my true mate but they were currently in a relationship with someone else, I told them that I had doubted that he (my mate) would want me because he looked really happy with who he is with now.

I also told them that I didn't really mind, and that I thought the mating system was really bad.

In which they respond with a very confused "What?"

It was then that I went off into a long rant that I thought that it was pointless that werewolves had to leave their past lover just because they had found their mate.

I thought that it would be better if werewolves did have a mate but instead of feeling a large attraction to them the moment they meet each other they would slowly build their relationship up, like humans. That way if they aren't happy with their mate then they don't have to necessarily reject them but they have the option of not getting close.

We continued chatting for a few more hours about pointless things, but in the end they had left and I was left wishing that I could talk to my mate again.

Telling him that he didn't need to leave his loved one behind just for me, that I would understand if he didn't choose me.

After all, why would you throw your life away for someone you've never met.