15

Chapter 15

A Fresh Start

*Third POV*

They had devised their plan, it was all set to go. There was one piece missing and that was the key to the whole operation; West himself.

In two days time they would strike.

What they didn't know was that Greg was no more.

He had left, he had gone to someone new.

And in the house on top of the hill was a man crying, for he had found his true mate only to be heartbroken for the third time in his life.

After all, the tragic tale was only just beginning.

*West's Pov*

I laid in bed, face down with my face smushed into the pillow.

It still had smelled like Greg, that pathetic loser.

No.

I was the pathetic loser.

Who in their right mind would put themselves into this type of abuse just for their mate?

In my mind I always knew there was something wrong with this system.

Throwing everything away for a person that could turn out to be your worst enemy.

To give your soul to a person you can't even guarantee for a lifelong of happiness.

After all love isn't all butterflies and rainbows, it's pins and needles.

Three times I've lost my dignity and was left heartbroken.

First was with my father, he had kicked me out when he had realized that I had liked boys instead of girls.

Second was with Greg, and well you know about that one.

Third was with the mystery man, my true mate that wouldn't want me anyways.

All of these happened to me for a reason, perhaps to prove that I was doing something wrong with my life.

I thought and thought about what I did wrong?

For hours I pondered this, my face still stuffed into the pillow.

Only pulling up when the air in the pillow grew too dense.

When I finally found the answer, I heard the front door burst open.

Tiredly I stepped out of bed and into the dark hallway.

There at the entrance of the house was Geronimo and Bish with what looked like backpack vacuums.

"Where is Greg?" They asked in unison.

Did they plan this?

"Um he's gone."

They looked at each other then at me.

"Well you're coming with us whether you like it or not!" They said together again.

No seriously did they plan this? That's kinda weird if they did right?

"What for?"

"You're in an abusive household and you need to leave!"

Right... They didn't know that I kicked Greg out. "No I'm not."

They looked at each other in disbelief, "Yes, you are!" They walked forward each step matching each other.

Yeah, they definitely planned this.

"No you don't understand, Greg is gone!"

They stopped and turned to look at each other. "You killed him!?"

My eyes widened, "NO! I just told him to leave and then he left. I was pretty simple. Also turns out that he wasn't really my mate."

They looked at each other in surprise, then glee and accomplishment. A second later confusion. "What do you mean he was never your mate?"

"Well-" I started but was cut off by the pair.

"Start from the beginning, and I mean the very beginning, right from when you met Greg."

And so I started my tale, from the very start.