Happy Birthday Malleus!

Meanwhile at the Diasomnia dormitory....

"Happy birthday, Malleus! You nice in that outfit." Glory compliments. Malleus tilts his head a little with his finger placed under your chin.

"Is it? I don't always wear white clothes, it feels kinda new to me." He admitted as he turns his head to Glory.

"If I keep staying in the Valley of Thorns, I wouldn't have the chance to wear white clothes for the rest of my life." Malleus stated.

"Hm? What color of outfits do you usually wear?" Glory asks curling her brows. Malleus crossed his arms with a stoic look.

"Black." He answered.

"It counts as a noble color for the Draconia family." Malleus informs.

"So it's a tradition to wear black. I see." Glory understood and the faery prince nodded.

"Growing up in a royal family, I have always been wearing black clothes only." He explained.

"Since it's a rare opportunity today, that's why I try to put this on..." Malleus said, gingerly pinched the ribbon around his waist.

"It's not as bad as I think." He admitted while gazing at his uniform where his green eyes glimmer with adoration before gazing back at Glory.

"How does it feel celebrating your birthday?" She asks curiously.

"Not much different than usual. I don't really feel happy or touched by this." He replied.

"Oh?" Glory looked at him with a baffled look. Malleus closed his eyes.

"We are different from humans. As a fae, our appearance will still be the same even after several years. As for humans, I find it strange when humans celebrate their birthdays happily. After all, humans have shorter lifespan." He informed, making the ravenette pondered.

He does have a point though...Faeries are immortal beings. Meaning, humans like me will grow up and die. Malleus and the other diasomnia boys will outlived their lives without me...

She thought clenching her fists on her knees with a heavy gut feeling swirling in her chest that made her brows furrowed. Malleus blinks his eyes and stares at me in confusion.

"Is something the matter, Titania?" He asks causing Glory to snap out of her thoughts as she shook her head and waved her hand frantically at him.

"Oh! Nothing, I was just pondering about birthdays that's all!" Glory lied clearing her throat to mask her dread before smiling kindly.

"Anyways, let's move on shall we? You're one of the most powerful wizards in this school, what kind of magic are you particularly good at?" Glory asks curiously.

"I'm neither good nor bad at casting magic. From a human's point of view, you could say that I'm good at everything about magic." Malleus informs. Glory giggles.

"Make sense since you rebuild the stadium for the VDC all by one." Glory pointed out with Malleus chuckling at her.

"That's right, since everyone is gathering around here now, I should do something with magic to liven up the party." He said.

"Hm?" Glory looked baffled.

"Long time ago, the witch of thorns once covered up a whole castle with thorns in an instance. Maybe I should do the same, adding some thorns to the party venue." Malleus proposed as green aura emits from his hand causing the ground to rumble. The poor party goers start to panic including Glory as she stood up and waves her hands frantically.