Happy Birthday Jade!

Meanwhile at the Mostro Lounge birthday party venue...

"Happy birthday, Jade and Floyd!" Glory chirps.

"Thank you very much." Jade replies with a grin.

"How are you feeling with everyone celebrating?" Glory asks curiously.

"I'm deeply honored that everyone has come to celebrate for me and Floyd. However, and this is unusual for me, but so many people wishing me "Happy Birthday" has made me rather embarrassed." Jade admits.

"Regardless have your parents send you anything from your hometown?" Glory inquires.

"Yes, me and Floyd received a birthday message from our mother. 'Jade and Floyd, are you eating everyday?' It's wonderful that you're enjoying life on land, but remember to come let us see your faces at home every once in a while.'" Jade narrates with Glory beaming at him.

"Seems like she cares for you both." Glory stated.

"She's concerned about how we're faring. Although, messages from her are not a rare occurrence." Jade explains with Glory creasing her brows.

"Really? About how often did you and your brother contact your mother?" She asks curiously.

"She contacts us nearly everyday. Our mother has always been one to worry a lot." Jade informs with Glory giggling and smiling warmly at him.

"She really cares and loves you both. Speaking of both, could you tell us a memory you have about your birthday?" She requested causing the eel to tilt his head slightly.

"A memory...Oh, yes. Then I'll share a story from my childhood. Every year for our birthday, it wasn't just our relatives that would come over, but associates from our father's work as well and they gave us mountains of presents." Jade explains.

"Damn, that's a lot! What kind of things did you get?" She asks.

"All sorts of things: sweets, seaweed eye masks, and strange toys that one could only acquire on land. However, among those were also luxury substances that clearly no child would need. It seems those presents were from desperate people trying to gain out father's favor...er, rather, his trust." He said.

"So I'm guessing he's a strict and cautious man, I suppose." Glory assumes.

"Quite strict actually. Our father always made sure anyone who sent us those deeply meaningful gifts also left their signature. On the document which read, "This gift was given to you out of good faith, and we will not request anything in return for it." Even our father had a tendency to worry at times, just like our mother." Jade explains.

"Yeah I get ya. I have a parents who are just as protective as yours. Growing up as an only child, my dad taught me how to box and my mom taught me self defense while she lectured me on not "taking sh#t" from idiots; meaning I can't let anyone talk or break me down that easily. That's why I defend myself, my childhood besties, and my chaotic friends in Twisted Wonderland." She informs with Jade chuckling softly.

"Well, they do say that married couples take after each other...it's good that they get along well." Jade remarks causing her to curl her brows.

"What kind of household do you two come from?" Glory asks curiously looking baffled with Jade chuckling softly.

"This is simply a family-run line of work. We do all sorts of meaningless business with all kinds of people...it's very normal." Jade reassures yet his twisted smirk while baring his sharp teeth means something else. Glory curls her brows at his answer.

"Riiight...Anyways, how were your terrariums going?" Glory asks curiously.

"The terrariums are still as fresh and beautiful. I nurture wildlife from land in transparent cases such as glass containers and fish tanks. It's quite profound." Jade replies with an adoring grin.