When A Girl Named Gloriane Corbett Is Born...

Long ago, a drop of liquid sunlight sprouted a magical healing flower. For centuries, Mother Gothel used the flower to retain her youth, until soldiers from a nearby kingdom plucked it to heal their ailing and pregnant queen. Shortly afterward, the Queen gives birth to Princess Rapunzel, whose golden hair contains the flower's healing properties.

However, Gothel was persistent on regaining her youth, so she sneaks into their castle avoiding the guards with stealth and agility. Once she climbs to the castle, Gothel crept her way to the crib where she witnessed a beautiful baby girl who posses the sundrop flower. Gothel tries to steal a lock of Rapunzel's hair to use the power once again but discovers that cutting the hair renders it inert.

With no other choices left, Gothel made the ultimatum....

"Guards! Seize her!! Retrieve my daughter immediately!!!" The king ordered as the guards scattered throughout the forest while Gothel rides a horse while carrying a wailing baby Rapunzel in her arms.

"Shush child!" Gothel seethes.

"The Princess!" One of the guards shout irking the crone as she gallops her way through the path to the forest. Afterwards, she arrived at her home and got off of her steed while holding the baby. She stares at her house for a moment before her daze snaps when she hears the guards from afar. Alarmed, Gothel pulls her steed and drags it behind the tree.

As soon as the guards arrived, the captain climbs down his steed and holds his lamp.

"She went this way. Let's scatter!" He ushered.

"Sir!" They saluted as they follow their captain through the forest. Later at the house, a little girl black hair was sitting alone holding a music box until she heard noise from outside. Curious, the little girl climbs up the balcony of the window where she witnessed guards scattering all over her home as they march towards her house and bolts through the door causing the little girl to spun her head.

"Where is she? Where's the Princess?!" The captain demands. Stunned, the little girl whips back to the window where she saw her mother carrying a baby. Confused yet worried, the young child sprints out of the house and stares at her mother with worry.

"Mama?" The little girl asks with a hint of worry as the two guards dash towards the bridge, but Gothel scowls at the guards and pulls out a sword from her bag when she sliced the ropes destroying bridge for them to pass.

Dumbfounded, the little girl drops her music box completely damaging it as she stares at her mother with disbelief. Then she witnessed her mother climbing back at the horse and gallops away from her.

"Mama...?" The little girl called out to her mother one last time with a confused look on her face. Soon, the captain saunters over to the little girl when he took off his helmet and kneels down to her.

"No one is going to harm you little one." He comforts her as he placed his helmet on to her head.

"You're safe with me." He consoles her. Shock, disbelieved, yet tears runs down from her eyes, the poor little girl burst into tears.

"I...I...I want my mama!!" She bawls was she was being escorted by the captain and the guards.

Right after she escapes, Gothel took baby Rapunzel to the tower where she raised as her own. In order to keep the confined, isolated Rapunzel content, Gothel teaches her to fear the outside world and its people. Each year, the King and Queen release sky lanterns on Rapunzel's birthday, hoping for their daughter to see them and return. Until the eve of her 18th birthday, the teenage Rapunzel pleaded with Gothel to let her leave the tower so she could see the lanterns, but she refused. However, her wish came true when the isolated princess meets a thief named Flynn Rider. With Gothel gone, the young princess commands him to escort her to see the lanterns for her birthday. He did....