27: Stand Up

Like.

He likes me.

All of a sudden, it was like a glare— a trance, a floating sensation that lifted up my chest, and my breath hitched. He stares intently at me for an answer, undivided attention on mine.

Jungkook's lashes flutter shut as he looks down, his ears turning a reddish hue. My heart that was racing matched the beat of his; it was tense, yet light.

"I..." I hesitate, the edge of my throat holding something in.

"Wait...." he covers his flushing face with his big hands. "Don't answer now, I'll need time to— my like for you is a lot right now."

It was my turn to feel the flutters. As I stare directly as his dark locks that frame his equally godly features, he seemed so vulnerable yet irresistibly cute; a side of him that was rare behind his usual devilish smile.

Right then, I shift a little from my position, causing a bit of my thigh to be exposed from my shorts. Jungkook's eyes inevitably directed to my legs, and to the dirty magazines sprawled out beside us.

"If...." He says softly, eyes intent. "We become a couple....we might do these..."

At first, I wasn't able to catch his suggestive comment, but when I realise it— it was too late. His eyes were starting to grow dark. Jungkook evidently admits that he liked me....and was attracted to me. Surreal was what I could describe my feelings, as I closed my eyes tight to anticipate what he will do next.

But.

Nothing. Jungkook just shifts in to hug me tight, and I'm taken aback.

"Jungkook..?" I ask, my breath against his ear which he shuddered a little.

"Shh. I'm practicing enlightenment." He wraps his arms around me even more tightly, enveloping me around his big built.

En...lightment....?

"You're a girl I like living in my dorm, do you know how much self control I need to have ?" He remarks, softly shifting my head to rest on his chest.

"I don't act like a girl at all though. I like boxing, I like being messy, so why would you ever like me?"

With that, a silence occupies us before Jungkook says something.

"I like you because you are Soa. You don't need to be anybody else, I will, undoubtly, and eventually— still like you."

Those words seem to tighten my chest so much; the adrenaline rush was sending my mind to an ecstatic madness.

But before I could enjoy more of his gentle touches, his worried tone brings me back to reality. "Soa.... about the preliminaries..."

This was when I pulled back to look straight at him in the eye. "No matter what, even if you like me, if we match..."

"Don't go easy on me."

Jungkook hears my declaration and chuckles slightly. He shoots me a devilish smile, caressing my hair in a gentle manner.

"Oh yeah? Let's see."

_____________________________________

Days after the confession were less than lovely.

We had to— we were boxers, and we had to be in the right frame of mind to be focused for this important tournament. It is, afterall, the national Preliminaries.

"You haven't hit me even once. Try again." Jungkook firmly states, and I nodded. My entire body was drenched in sweat; the outcome of the tournament clearly decided....yet I felt a spark of hope within.

Maybe it's because Jungkook believed in me.

Standing up one more time, I headed for an attack. He dodges it effortlessly, taking me down gently with an effective uppercut.

"Too open. Do it again." He instructs, and I get up again.

Thus, training continued in a steady pace. It was hellfire, and every night was a sore muscle night. I was doubtful, as every single day I got reminded that I was fighting a losing battle. But Jungkook never stopped believing in me.

"If you are in the ring, and somehow, you're on the ground, look up to the open window. I'll be looking at the same blue sky, looking over you, and cheering for you."

The blue sky, after what he said, became my saviour. Whenever we weren't together, whenever we trained apart, I'd always look up at the sky and,

I'll stand up again and again.

_______________________________________

A/N: Next chapter; The Preliminaries.

I really liked this chapter hehe