25. Something's Not Right

Ugh.

I sat up groggily in bed, the sheets sprawled out from my messy sleep. Taking a marker, I crossed an X on the calendar. 

2 more months to the preliminaries. 

I still have a lot to learn. Jungkook taught me the basics yesterday, but the both of us were distracted by different matters so we didn't progress much. A sense of dread looms over my chest, as if it's foreshadowing what may happen. 

I rolled off the bed and looked for Jungkook, who didn't seem to be in the room. Realising that I was alone, I went to the bathroom to wash up. 

But as I barely managed to do so, a knock on my door startles me. 

I open it to find the most unexpected visitor. "Hello…." She seems to poke her head in to take a look. 

"Jungkook isn't here." I mutter coldly. She seems taken aback by my attitude, but goes on to stare at the bandage on my arm. 

"That wound…" Haneul squints her eyes. "Where did you get it?" 

"I hurt myself in training. What do you need, anyway?" I lie, but she doesn't seem convinced. She stares hard at me— obviously trying to pry the truth out of me. 

"Oh, I didn't come to look for Jungkook." She smiles sweetly. "I came to look for you." 

With that, my sixth sense seem to send alarming signals. What is she planning? 

"Sorry, but I need to prepare to go training soon." I hastily close the door, but she stops it, grabbing the door firmly. 

"Okay, but just let me use your bathroom, please?" She pleads. "I'm urgent." 

"Pee on the floor, see if I care." I retorted, much to her surprise. My eyes seem to caught sight of a small red light emitting from her tote bag. 

A wave of realisation hit me at that point, and I immediately close the door in panic. 

"Haneul…" I looked down at my wound.

"She's suspicious of me." 

___________________________________

Jungkook stumbles a little as his mind wanders off to his deep thoughts— he was suspicious, to say the least, that the school would allow Soa to enter the open class category. 

It was no doubt that something must've happened behind the scenes to trigger this event. 

Jungkook had one thing in mind this morning— find who allowed this, and whether Soa is in danger. He couldn't put his gut feeling down that she was indeed placed in the open class on purpose. 

And what he couldn't take was that—whoever allowed this probably knew that Soa wasn't an experienced boxer, but put her in the hardest category for their own ulterior motive. Although Soa had the willpower and courage, the skills were definitely lacking. It felt as if someone had thrown her in the hardest level for her to fend for herself. 

"Jungkook?" 

He turns around to find the Headmaster with her hands crossed. She seems to be confused as to why he's outside her office. 

"I heard you sent a senior to the medical office. You know the preliminaries are coming, so I'll appreciate if you don't inflict any more injuries to the students whom are training." She begins nagging. "Understand?" 

"Yes." He nods quietly. "Ma'am...I need to ask you something." 

"Who put Soa in open class?" 

At that moment, the headmaster raises a brow, curious to his sudden question. "Nobody did. The computer automatically generates the students to a suitable class from the results of their physical examination." 

"Didn't Soa skip the physical examination?" Jungkook questions, reminded of the time in the nurse's office. "His results would fall in the average mark." 

"There are a few possibilities, but I'm pretty sure the examiner gave a high mark for Soa." The headmaster replies with a sigh. "Now then, I'm busy." 

Jungkook watches as she made her way into the office, closing the door on him. 

There's no way.

"There's something else that's missing." He mumbles. 

Then, a spark of realisation crosses his mind. 

Jaegyu.