3. Training

Drip..drip..

I felt my eyes shot open when droplets of what seems to be water landing on my face; rolling down my cheeks.

"Hey." Jungkook calls me, his chain earring dangling from his earlobe. "Wake up."

It was then that I realised he was shirtless, his hair damp from a shower. The water droplets fell from his chest onto my face, waking me up from my slumber. He takes one good look at me and shoots me a smug smirk; as if he knew I was staring.

"Wake up," He hovers over me with his half-naked body. "It's time for training."

"T-training?" I blinked a few times.

"I'll meet you at the boxing ring. Be quick."

With that said, he stretches his biceps and threw me keys to the boxing room. God. I start to regulate my heartbeat, as it's going crazy around his presence. I was supposed to idolise him, not fall in love with him. If I ever did in that case— it would be a disaster. I try not to think about it and get up from bed, brushing my teeth and ruffling my fingers through my short hair in attempts to style it.

It was when I reach the boxing room that I felt I'm running on a treadmill again.

Jungkook was boxing. He adorned boxing shorts and nothing above, his abdomen glistening with sweat. He straps his boxing gloves tightly to his hands with his teeth, before wiping his forehead with his arm. Taking everything he's got, Jungkook punches the bag with great strength and efficiency. It was a truly amazing sight— one that turned me into a fan.

"What are you waiting for?" He caught sight of me standing rooted to the ground at the entrance. "Take off your shirt and wear those gloves."

I gulped. Take off my shirt? That wasn't in my plans. However, I seem to dodge a bullet as I explained that I wasn't proud of my body and would prefer to keep it on. With that said, he turns to me with a worried gaze and says, "No-one else is you and that's your superpower. So love yourself for who you are."

I almost cried.

I didn't know how much I needed that as a person. Even though I was disguising as a guy, my self esteem wasn't the best. And so I turned to boxing— the exhilarating feeling of my fingers hitting the bag with utmost force and speed, it took away all my negativity and left me with brilliance.

"Come over here." he gestured me in, taking a glance at me. He wipes his face again with his biceps.

"Take those gloves over there. Show me what you've got." He encourages me, pointing at the nearby bench. I took the gloves and strapped it on tightly, so it would fit my small hands. After that, I started to box the way I did at home, thousands of times I practiced the straight punch, I showed him just that.

A look of surprise glimmered in his eyes.

"You have a good first strike. But you have to know how to counter. After striking with your left, counter with your right." Jungkook explains as he half-hugged me, moving my arms to the action.

And soon my actions accelerated with my heartbeat; the bag swinging back and forth as I landed multiple punches on it.

"Your stance is good, but your strength is lacking." Jungkook explains, watching me closely. He then parkours on top the the boxing ring, gesturing me over.

"Try hitting me."

"I-I can't, what if you get hurt?" I answered worryingly.

Jungkook shoots me a smug smirk. "I won't, I promise."

And so, I try punching him with a straight, countering it with my right like he taught. However— my first strike didn't even land, as he dodged it swiftly with his body. When my right comes swinging in, he lowers his head so it misses beautifully. My mouth was agape with shock when I realized that none of my hits had landed.

"Where did you learn boxing?" he questioned me, and I paused.

I learned boxing from watching him multiple times and applying it to my technique. But it wasn't feasible to say that directly to him, so I lied.

"I learned boxing from....the internet.."

He takes a good look at me and chuckles. "I thought so."

"From now on, I'll train you. Alright?" he says, before grabbing my butt casually and squeezing it.

Oh god, my ass.

I tried to react with a manly groan but all I managed was a light scream. He laughs at my reaction.

"You're so cute."

It took Jungkook a while to process what he's just said. And it took me a while too.

The both of us stood awkwardly with each other until we were interrupted by a voice.

"A newbie?"

And when I turned around, it was Park Jimin.