12. One Minute

"Are you alright now?" Jungkook looks worryingly at me, caressing my head gently. His eyes stared intently, as if he was taking in the sight of me all at once.

Haneul has left. Well, more like, Jimin indirectly chased her out. I had so many questions about her, but for now— I was in a trance, Jungkook caring for me as I laid in bed.

"Next month, if this happens again..." A slight blush occupies his ears. "Let me handle it. Just rest."

My heart begun beating at the speed of a treadmill. I clutch my chest, trying to make it stop— I wasn't here to fall in love with him, but he makes it so....difficult.

"Is anything wrong?" He looks alarmed as my face was twisted in confusion.

"Nothing. I just thought it was really nice of you." I blushed as he leans in closer to check if I was hurt anywhere. Turning my head to the side, my ears were visibly red.

Jungkook seems to notice, and he stares at me temptingly— as if he wanted to touch me. His eyes flared in a loving state, and his hand gradually slid to my side, before....

He leans down to embrace me.

"Jungkook?" I whispered in surprise, noticing that his ears were a scarlet red. His strong arms wrapped around me securely, and he buries his face into the nape of my neck. We stayed on the bed like this until he says something.

"I'm not just nice to anyone, you know?" He says softly.

I wanted to pull back to see his expression, but a force pins me back into a hug. Jungkook's warm breath hits my neck, and I shuddered slightly.

"Can we stay like this for just one minute?" He requests.

"O-okay." I closed my eyes tightly.

A few seconds passed and the two of us were still on the bed, cuddling with each other. I could hear his heartbeat accelerating, and I wondered if he could hear mine too.

It was then when Jungkook started nibbling on my neck, that I begin to let out sounds I didn't know I could make. Jungkook continues and I pull back in alarm. "That tickles!" I hit him, and he laughs softly. But the atmosphere soon turns thick, and his eyes begin to flare with tempt.

He inches closer and closer. I closed my eyes tightly, as a sign that he could touch me. Somehow, the mood was tense, and the two of us were in a trance— a loving trance. At that moment, the barrier between us was shattered, and it almost seemed as if we were acting more than just....friends.....

But the two of us didn't seem to mind. He plants small kisses on my neck, moving up to my cheek. Before he did anything, he looks directly in my eyes, asking for permission. I nod.

He then inches closer to my face, his hand pressing the back of my head. I trembled a little at the tip of his cold fingers. Suddenly— Eunkyung's advice ran through my head, and I pull back with force.

"I...um..." I covered my mouth in a panic.

Before I could say anything— however, Jimin bursts into the room. The two of us jumped apart, Jungkook rolling onto the floor and hitting the back of his head.

"Will you please knock!" His expression changed into annoyance.

"Sorry. Were you two on the....same bed...?" He squints suspiciously at us.

"W-whats wrong with good bros sleeping together?!" I retorted.

"Well— you two seem closer than I thought." Jimin leans onto the doorframe with a smile. "I wanted to convey news to Jungkook. Do you want the good one or the bad one first?"

"The good one." Jungkook answers.

"So the bad news is that the headmaster has called you to the office. The good news is that Soa is coming with you."

"How is that good news?! Soa might be reprimanded with me!" Jungkook sits up alarmingly, glaring at Jimin.

"Well, who knows? She might not be reprimanding you two. Soa did nothing wrong. But as for Jungkook...."

"Yeah, I know." Jungkook rolled his eyes. "She's gonna call me out for using the boxing ring without permission."

"Anyways, since I've conveyed the message, I'll get going." Jimin snickers, before closing the door.

Silence took over us. We glanced at each other, before looking away.

The atmosphere was thick again, and the both of us recalled what we did earlier, adding on to the tension. I turned back slightly to peek on Jungkook, only to see his ears that were red. He gets up awkwardly, facing me.

"Let's go." He says.

"To the headmaster's office."

[Unedited]

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter!