24: Arising Suspicions

"Not like that."

I watched as Jungkook gently and patiently showed me the basic stance again, his vision straight ahead. These days, his hair has grown out, covering his eyes slightly. Accompanied with his boxing gloves and shirtless body, it was no wonder that the girls from other schools were lining up outside the gate to catch a glimpse of him.

"Focus." He presses his fingers into my cheeks, with a strict look. I gulped and nodded.

"Alright, then I'll move on to my special training." Jungkook suddenly moves closer towards me. "It's one of the basics as well. Listen carefully."

And as his taller figure looms over me, our eyes locked and he started to stare. Hard.

"W-what am I supposed to do?" I question, but he just shoots me a slight, cheeky smile.

"Just stare at me for thirty seconds and focus." He says, still gazing intently at me. "No matter what I do, you can't take your eyes off me."

With that, I nodded in confusion, a slight blush occupying my cheeks.

Jungkook starts. His hand slowly travelled to my cheeks, and I shuddered upon his touch. His fingertips were cold- and daring. He carresses my cheek slowly, all the while staring at me, eyes intent on mine.

He feels my cheek burning up, and a sneaky smile creeps up his lips.

"I-its been thirty seconds...?" I prompted, but he still stares straight at me.

"Ahuh." He replies in a whisper. "And what'chu gonna do about it?"

At that moment, I was flushing up so much that I had to look away. It was too much for my heart.

"Nothing?" He smirks.

With that, he finishes his teasing and puts some distance between us so I could breathe. That was probably the most intense moment in my life, but Jungkook enjoyed every little bit of it.

Much to my relief, Jimin suddenly approaches us, hugging me from the back cheerfully.

"It's Soa~" he sings.

Jungkook shoots an annoyed look at him. "Why are you here?" He asks.

"I'm here to get training from you. Can I?" Jimin pleads with a pout.

"Stop messing with me. You know you're already skilled enough." Jungkook rolls his eyes, tightening his bandages on his hand with his teeth.

"I'm nothing compared to you~" Jimin replies teasingly. "Mr Number One Boxer ~"

"Sure, I'll train you." Jungkook suddenly walks over. "Your first lesson is to take hits from me."

"Hits?" Jimin's eyeballs almost popped out. "I'll probably die."

"Oh no you won't, come here." Jungkook says with a smile, cracking his knuckles.

"I think someone is calling me outside." The older laughs nervously. "Bye!"

And as quick as he came, he left the room. I turned my head to Jungkook who seems to wear the same worried, sullen expression as yesterday.

"Is there something you're worried about?" I ask, and he looks back at me.

"Yes." He tilts his head, gazing at me. "It's you."

Huh?

"You're in open class. You have the potential, but you're not ready to face me or Jaegyu yet." He runs a hand across his hair. "What if you match up with Jaegyu? Then you'll just get hurt..."

"And if you match up with me...." He looks down. "I don't know if I have the capability to actually punch you."

At that moment, my expression changes, and I walk up to him with firm steps.

"I'm a boxer, Jungkook." I say, staring straight at him. "With my super ultra willpower, I will stand up again and again. So don't worry about hitting me."

"Because, I love boxing!"

Jungkook looks at me, his amused smile creeping up his lips. He laughs a little, before looking back at me again.

"Well then." He throws me a boxing glove.

"Shall we double the training?"

___________________________________

(HANEUL'S POV)

Ugh.

That chick is annoying. Really annoying.

As I stood outside the gates waiting for Jungkook, I am reminded of that Hyojoo girl. How did she even manage to punch the taser off my hand? The look in her eyes as she landed the hit on me, I will never forget it.

It was almost like it's imprinted in my mind.

Suddenly, the girls cheered as Jungkook and his roommate walked out the gates, both of them sipping on matching juice boxes. I was about to call Jungkook, until I realised something funny.

"Is that...." I looked closely, and I was right. A bandage on Jungkook's roommate's arm.

Speaking of which...He kind of looks like...

"Like Hyojoo." I mumbled slightly, but that boy turns his head around, as if he's heard something. How can he hear me mumble that name amongst this noisy crowd?

It can't be....right?

"Does he have a twin? Or...?" I started to think, but it doesn't match any points.

"This..."

"...Is worth investigating." I smiled.

A/N: Chapter 25 is out on patreon !!